Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM

95 posts, read 310,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
. much of that money goes to mexico and it doesn't end up in the hands of friendly people. just being illegal puts a lot of money in the hands of people that are no good, and literally crooks.

if they are going to smoke it, would you rather it make an american businessman rich, or a mexican criminal filthy rich?
Haha the mental picture of Evil mexican criminal Marijuana drug lords, Where do you get this idea of mexican criminals that control marijuana trade? Most Marijuana in a given state comes from that state. Sometimes imported from Canada but mexico is notorious for having terrible weed, in todays time it is all about quality. Marijuana shouldn't even be considered as a illicit drug, but somehow our stubborn country just wont change the federal laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 PM

7 posts, read 11,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLangben View Post
Haha the mental picture of Evil mexican criminal Marijuana drug lords, Where do you get this idea of mexican criminals that control marijuana trade? Most Marijuana in a given state comes from that state. Sometimes imported from Canada but mexico is notorious for having terrible weed, in todays time it is all about quality. Marijuana shouldn't even be considered as a illicit drug, but somehow our stubborn country just wont change the federal laws.

^^ and besides if all that was true, which it isnt, and if marijuana funded terrorism which is retarded, all the us would have to do is legalize marijuana to fund their war in iraq (this is all total bull****) but im just thinking like our government does. Hell if marijuana can fund terrorism then why not let it fund our dod budget.

--- I really hope no one took the whole funding parts serious, if you do you are a moron.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
I never really thought that marijuana funded terrorism, that is an asinine argument. Actually it is a horrible argument because making marijuana illegal makes it a black market product which at that point would put the blame in the lawmakers hands.

I never said that all our pot comes from mexico, just a substantial portion of it. wherever it comes from chances are that it isn't all that great of a person behind it all. The guy you get an 8th from may be ok as far as people go, but the guy he got it from and then the guy he got it from.... well that's probably someone I wouldn't want to know... that's where I was coming from. It's like booze prohibition back in the day, some of those people were outright ruthless. Much like the trade today, with no laws to protect the trade the traders are left to manage it their way, even if it means killing someone now and then.

again, this isn't how all of pot trade goes, but I'm sure we all can agree that when criminals sell illegal items it can cause harm to people now and then.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM

95 posts, read 310,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post

I never said that all our pot comes from mexico, just a substantial portion of it. wherever it comes from chances are that it isn't all that great of a person behind it all. The guy you get an 8th from may be ok as far as people go, but the guy he got it from and then the guy he got it from.... well that's probably someone I wouldn't want to know... that's where I was coming from. .
The substantial portion of weed from a given state comes from that state, not from Mexico. If it is not from that state then its from a near by state (I.E. weed from California will end up in Oregon, Washington, southern Idaho etc.) Haha it is way to much of a hassle to smuggle marijuana across the Mexican boarder. Why would we go out of the country to get something that is grown commonly here?

Old 06-22-2008, 04:10 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,388 times
I just know that I have a problem with putting people in jails and prisons, or even worse and people getting killed by law enforcement over MJ. I don't care for it anymore. It was a phase for me. Prisons are filled with non-violent offenders and to me that is unacceptable.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:48 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockets View Post
Meh I just wish I could buy weed in this fing state, it seems pot is like really super taboo here.

Go in the army for 4 years come back, and it seems finding someone to get a bag of harmless bud around here is like laundering money while the cops watch you with a microscope, cause I tell ya people are really scared to talk about it round here if you dont know them, and well I dont know them

lol go legalization, and besides, just because someone died becuase of a robbery where they were growing happened means nothing.

I know the counties he speaks of, and trust me MARIJUANA is the least of their worries, they just have extremem lib laws for everything, some structure is needed there, but that doesnt mean that your hard working citizens shouldnt be able to enjoy some bud after work. Shame on our government for not listening to what we want to pursue happiness, and also shame on idaho for being so lame.
Been smoking for years and never really had a problem finding anything, maybe a dry week here or there. And I've never been close to getting nabbed by the law.

And realistically Idaho's laws regarding the good bud are pretty similar to about 40 other states. Not really unique to our state. Actually you can get away with possessing more here before it becomes a felony trafficking crime (2 oz.) than in California.

The government should get off everyone's backs. Many of the reasons it was made illegal in the first place were out and out lies. Read about it, instead of just obeying the propaghanda.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:58 PM

7 posts, read 11,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Been smoking for years and never really had a problem finding anything, maybe a dry week here or there. And I've never been close to getting nabbed by the law.

And realistically Idaho's laws regarding the good bud are pretty similar to about 40 other states. Not really unique to our state. Actually you can get away with possessing more here before it becomes a felony trafficking crime (2 oz.) than in California.

The government should get off everyone's backs. Many of the reasons it was made illegal in the first place were out and out lies. Read about it, instead of just obeying the propaghanda.
Yeah I just dont know anyone in idaho, I was in the military for 4 years, coming back was a sobering experience because i realized i left my friends when i left, and when i left the army i left my new friends, Guess im just SOL.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLangben View Post
The substantial portion of weed from a given state comes from that state, not from Mexico. If it is not from that state then its from a near by state (I.E. weed from California will end up in Oregon, Washington, southern Idaho etc.) Haha it is way to much of a hassle to smuggle marijuana across the Mexican boarder. Why would we go out of the country to get something that is grown commonly here?
again, not all, but some comes from there. Marijuana big earner for Mexico gangs - USATODAY.com

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border -- Mexican troops make marijuana haul in Sharp unit premises

Marijuana Big Earner for Mexico Gangs | NORML's Daily Audio Stash (http://stash.norml.org/2008/02/22/marijuana-big-earner-for-mexico-gangs/ - broken link)

Mexican Drug Cartels Relying More on Marijuana | Regulate Marijuana in Nevada

Perhaps in a weed friendly state, pot could be grown there. Idaho a very very VERY red(neck) and over religious state. Few want to grow here because of the criminal repercussions that ensue.

I'm not trying to say that mexicans supply all our pot, but what they do provide doesn't go to anything good.

Last edited by cleatis; 06-23-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-23-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post

yeah, what was the senate argument? It makes white women want to sleep with black men? wasn't that one of the arguments to have it prohibited? now it's all over TV like every pot head is a child molesting, thieving, strung out, hopeless, futureless loser that's ready to snap and kill his grandmother at any minute.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,909 times
The Beer and Alchohol companies are the biggest obstacle to legalizing pot. They put more money and time into fighting it than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho