Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:35 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times

Advertisements

Hi Izzy,
It took me awhile to get use to eating and even being able to cook it without it being like leather. But, I have 3 boys including my husband and they love to hunt. I don't go but, I do help with cutting it up and wrapping it that has tested my outdoor nature.
I am always pointing out ones in our yard saying don't shoot that one but, when the season comes I just try to look at it as food in the freezer and no hormone injections pretty much fat free.
But, then theres the old stand by homemade bread and hot chocolate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 03:24 PM

318 posts, read 1,317,044 times
I have not had homemade bread in years. The holidays are here maybe I'll get a bread maker for xmas

Izzy

Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I have not had homemade bread in years. The holidays are here maybe I'll get a bread maker for xmas

Izzy
I've had a breadmaker and made bread in the oven, I prefer the oven myself

Old 10-28-2006, 06:34 PM

47 posts, read 142,076 times
speaking of winter, when does the snow start flying? We plan on moving there in the spring/summer and want a white Christmas Happy Halloween to all of you!!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:29 PM

Wink Snow is coming

In Valley County we should get snow any day now and it will snow until March-April. We get alot if you like to ski or snowboard. Which part of Idaho are you moving too.
I also, prefer bread baked in the oven it comes out alot better and doesn't seem as hard. The only thing I don't know about the rest of you but, I have to watch baking and eating when summer cimes shorts can be a little hard to fit into.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:02 PM

I've been chatting with Cleosmom about Idaho Falls. sounds like the right place for us. Do you see any hills or mountains from that area? Live in Wa. and see Mt Rainer everyday (when its clear)and I love looking at it.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:07 PM

wildberries you sound soooooooooooooo country. I've never any been close to a real deer, except in the zoo. Don't think I could eat Bambi. I'm like Izzy been in the city all my like. What city in Idaho do you live in?

Old 10-29-2006, 12:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Didn't want to start a new thread but wondering if any Boise area residents have sampled anything from:Little Russia International Food, 10390 Fairview Ave?

Not Idaho originals but I grew up on a selection of Ukrainian/Eastern European specialties like pirogi, kielbasa, and stuffed cabbage that certainly qualify as comfort food and winter stuff.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:34 PM

Smile Country living is what I like

Hi fun in the sun,
I live in the central part of Idaho (McCall) where we get lots of snow. It is very outdoors living here. When I came here 15 years ago I was not as country but, have grown to love the lifestyle of living off the land. I don't hunt I would have a hard time shooting anything but, my husband & oldest son love to hunt. Must say when you get use to the idea that it fills your freezer and its not injected with whatever you do learn to like it more. They only hunt deer and elk and when you learn how to cook it it is awfully good.
Speaking of huckleberries oh these are great making huckleberry pie is yummy and our beautiful land gives us all this.
When living in the city you miss out on so much beauty that our land has to offer and I do believe a great misunderstanding about hunters and people who live and appreciate the country. Thanks for asking!!

Sorry burdell that sounds like grease food keilbasa has never tasted good too me. I find it funny how much we all eat so differently eat what you enjoy.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:17 PM

Wildberries....how far are you from Idaho Falls? We went to Bosie, Nampa and Caldwell.they were ok but just not quite what I was looking for. Need alittle more to look at. Haven't been to IF or Twin but those areas sounded like something we might like. My husband is from Louisiana and just loves to hunt.He would just love to be able to hunt again,here in Wa. you are only able to hunt a few months out of the year. Haven't eaten any yet, just doesn't sound tastey.More into chicken then anything. Have a good day and talk at you later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho