Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
KJG KJG started this thread

24 posts, read 105,925 times

Advertisements

Im pretty much done with trying to raise my daughter in the city stuff, I would like Info on Emmett if anyone has anything thing to share that would be great. Close enough to the city but far enough away to have family type community AKA "Gilmore Girls"- would also like to know the cost of living in Emmett.

Thanks for your time.
KJG

Last edited by KJG; 10-22-2006 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: added more infomation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Reply someone PLease

Come on Folks, someone has to be graceful enough too give me some info. I would so appreciate it.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:59 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Sorry, I'd love to help but I'm on the other side of the state.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,280 times
We are in Boise but I really don't know much about Emmett, not enough to be helpful. Give it some time, someone with some knowledge will probably reply.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:56 PM

318 posts, read 1,317,044 times
Hi,

I've been asking about Emmett too...haven't heard much. I think I will do a search on here to see if it is in past post.

Izzy

Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 PM

Hi,

I did a search and found lots of interesting but conflicting stories about Emmett. Also went to the main page of city-data.com and got the stats on Emmett. Can someone tell me if Emmett gets a lot more snow then Boise. One comment mention workers being late because they came from Emmett and there was snow. Also it looks like the stats also show a considerable amount of snow...any info on this out there? There was also a comment about a judge in Emmett...but the site shows only one police officer for the whole town...nothing about judges (in the paid town/county employees). It said crime rate a was 220 average and the national was 300 and something.

Even gives the type of crimes and how many in the town. Also gives stats on pop., income, etc.

So if you do a search on the word emmett you will get some info. and then go to city-data.com the main page.

Izzy

Old 10-23-2006, 04:41 PM

Cool Emmett

Thank you. I have also found that site that you are speaking of. But as much as i have traveled I also have found that talking to someone and hearing the real facts are far more educating then reading about it on any random site. Not many will say if their is alot of corruption- as well as who owns the town and their is always a owner in the small towns.( as well as the cities-just takes longer to dig through the crap to find them)

are the people friendly or not? are they welcoming and etc. The stats are great to view it does say alot- but figures says nothing about the community.

I'm simply done moving, i just want to settle and raise the "chillens" and start a new.

Thank you all so much for replying i appreciate it.
Much Peace.
KJG

Old 10-23-2006, 09:31 PM

149 posts, read 1,097,850 times
I don't have any stats to back this up, so I've been holding back on this...

I've heard that Emmett has the highest per-capita number of registered sex offenders in the state of Idaho. Don't know if that's true or not, but here's where that could be proven or disproven:

http://www.isp.state.id.us/identification/sex_offender/ (broken link)

FYI: Emmett is in GEM county, zip code is 83617

Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 PM

149 posts, read 1,097,850 times
I took a quick look-see at the stats.

Looks like Gem county does have a higher per-capita number of registered sex offenders than Ada county (Boise/Meridian), but the actual number of sex offenders in Gem county (42) is dwarfed by Ada (602).... so you can pretty much make up your mind either way.

The site is still useful, but would be better if you could plug in an address to see how many registered sex offenders are within "x miles" of a given address.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 PM

Hi,

Not all that I gave you was stats. Again, go to the top of this page and click on search...type in emmett..and chose Idaho state. There have been postings by locals with their comments on emmett. The search will find them and you can read what I read. The locals giving you the scoop.

Izzy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho