Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,761 times

Advertisements

Can somebody tell me where I can get a good ribeye for home grilling in the Sandpoint area? We picked up a couple at Super 1 foods and they were the worst and toughest we have ever had. DW and I choked down as much as we could but all our pooches were happy campers. Maybe we'll try a couple from Yoke's tomorrow. Any good meat markets around? Oops, I mean butcher shops.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 10:25 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,748 times
lakerat asks:

Quote:
Can somebody tell me where I can get a good ribeye for home grilling in the Sandpoint area?
I've had the best luck with the steaks from Yokes. The problem is that the price of steak is so high now and can't afford them as often as I want one. Oh, I have a steak appetite for sure, but I find myself on a hamburger budget much of the time these days.

Give Yokes a try. Ask the guys (and girls) at the butcher counter for some help picking out some good ones. They're steak smart.

Enjoy!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
During the holidays when it is on sale I have bought my at Safeway and they have always been good.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 AM

Thank you both.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 AM

356 posts, read 520,540 times
Go out to Wood's. They'll cut them how you like them. (Although I believe that some/much[?] of the meat at Yoke's comes from Wood's.)

Or, if you prefer grass-fed, look at the Six River's Market and contact farmers directly. Although they typically sell in quantity, some have a limited supply of cuts. (We have Cascade Creek beef in the freezer, but sometimes a yummy, corn-fed steak is what's for dinner!)

Or, if you plan ahead, there's always Costco in CDA.

Oh, and don't forget to invite us!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Go out to Wood's. They'll cut them how you like them. (Although I believe that some/much[?] of the meat at Yoke's comes from Wood's.)

Or, if you prefer grass-fed, look at the Six River's Market and contact farmers directly. Although they typically sell in quantity, some have a limited supply of cuts. (We have Cascade Creek beef in the freezer, but sometimes a yummy, corn-fed steak is what's for dinner!)

Or, if you plan ahead, there's always Costco in CDA.

Oh, and don't forget to invite us!
I used to buy my beef and pork from a family who used Wood's. Though I've never been to them their processing and such was excellent. I've had some from other places that made me wonder if the guy running the equipment was even awake.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Woods, Woods, Woods! Lionfamily is right, they probably have Woods meat at Yokes. They even have it at the little market in Clark Fork, in the freezer. That's the only time/place I buy frozen meat with confidence. Love their bacon and ground beef. But a trip to Woods should be interesting--just look for the gate with the two "beef carcases" (?) on the right, going up 95 north of Sandpoint. We did a double take first time we drove by!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:25 AM

356 posts, read 520,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Woods, Woods, Woods! Lionfamily is right, they probably have Woods meat at Yokes. They even have it at the little market in Clark Fork, in the freezer. That's the only time/place I buy frozen meat with confidence. Love their bacon and ground beef. But a trip to Woods should be interesting--just look for the gate with the two "beef carcases" (?) on the right, going up 95 north of Sandpoint. We did a double take first time we drove by!

Speaking of the carcasses...they used to light up at night. But the last time we went through after dark, they weren't lit. I thought they were so cool, in a really weird kinda way!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Speaking of the carcasses...they used to light up at night. But the last time we went through after dark, they weren't lit. I thought they were so cool, in a really weird kinda way!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:11 AM

Thanks again to you all. We also got a recommendation for Woods and Yoke's from a waitress at the Hydra. I guess we'll be taking a little drive up to Woods soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho