Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 02:34 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,766,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese marie View Post
Oh thank you both for you feedback.. Ya not sure I would want to do a steep grade all the time.. Sure is beautiful tho..
My husband wants me to come out in Jan to see if I would even be able to handle the snow and cold first...
The steep grade isn't really an issue. It's worth the grind for the view you would have, (assuming you are on the correct side of the street). BUT . . . it sure would be an issue when there is ice on the road, which is frequently the case in the wintertime.

I have my eyes on a neighborhood a few miles north of where you're talking, between Dalton Gardens and Hayden called Loch Haven. But, there is a short hill to get up to the complex. Not really all that steep, but still a grade that I wouldn't want to come down on in the wintertime. I've been told that it is kept clear of snow/ice, but you can never know for sure.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,670 times
I spent an incredible amount of time researching lots in and around CdA all last winter and spring. I was certain Armstrong Park was the place for my wife and Me. Used Google maps and Google Earth for hours checking out views. We even made an offer on one of the upper lots before visiting in early March. The drive up is beautiful, even the "ugly" condos were impressive. It is a very secluded and homogenous area. I definitely do not think getting there takes you through undesirable areas. The lots, however, were simply not what we were looking for. The views were of the interstate and the noise from the traffic was constant and loud. The lots have a very large slope and are on the downhill side of the mountain. The lake views are very limited. We found several lots we liked better and eventually bought a much better lot for less than all the lots at the end of the road. There is a reason they are all for sale. I can see that the road would be difficult in icy conditions. I think you can do better, imho. Search the mls. That's where I found my lot. It was not on one single realtor's website. Best of luck.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:45 PM

329 posts, read 470,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of the Hills View Post
I spent an incredible amount of time researching lots in and around CdA all last winter and spring. I was certain Armstrong Park was the place for my wife and Me. Used Google maps and Google Earth for hours checking out views. We even made an offer on one of the upper lots before visiting in early March. The drive up is beautiful, even the "ugly" condos were impressive. It is a very secluded and homogenous area. I definitely do not think getting there takes you through undesirable areas. The lots, however, were simply not what we were looking for. The views were of the interstate and the noise from the traffic was constant and loud. The lots have a very large slope and are on the downhill side of the mountain. The lake views are very limited. We found several lots we liked better and eventually bought a much better lot for less than all the lots at the end of the road. There is a reason they are all for sale. I can see that the road would be difficult in icy conditions. I think you can do better, imho. Search the mls. That's where I found my lot. It was not on one single realtor's website. Best of luck.
thank you so much for this...
We want to have a wooded area but close to town and saw that house and area and was like "wow what is the catch, amazing house and area ".... ha ha

Old 12-07-2016, 11:25 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therese marie View Post
thank you so much for this...
We want to have a wooded area but close to town and saw that house and area and was like "wow what is the catch, amazing house and area ".... ha ha
Best Hills Meadows is my favorite area in CDA like that. Sold a couple in there in the past few years.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
Best Hills Meadows is my favorite area in CDA like that. Sold a couple in there in the past few years.
WOW beautiful area..♥ thank you for showing me..

Last edited by therese marie; 12-07-2016 at 12:18 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
The steep grade isn't really an issue. It's worth the grind for the view you would have, (assuming you are on the correct side of the street). BUT . . . it sure would be an issue when there is ice on the road, which is frequently the case in the wintertime.

I have my eyes on a neighborhood a few miles north of where you're talking, between Dalton Gardens and Hayden called Loch Haven. But, there is a short hill to get up to the complex. Not really all that steep, but still a grade that I wouldn't want to come down on in the wintertime. I've been told that it is kept clear of snow/ice, but you can never know for sure.

I have been scoping at area out too on Google Earth..( Loch Haven)
it was hard to tell if it was on a grade but that area looks great.. I will be there end of next month, so I can see how it is to drive in the snow on it LOL.. but LOVE that area.. thanks

Old 12-15-2016, 01:38 PM

80 posts, read 94,574 times
There are a lot of things to learn about the area so helps to have someone like Shaner on your side when you visit. He took great care of me on my process of moving to CDA and continues to help me with my "newbie" type issues. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: