Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM

151 posts, read 203,304 times

Advertisements

I follow several CDA/N ID related Facebook pages to keep up with what is going on in the area. Recently one of those Facebook pages shared how the DIY Network was coming to CDA. Every year the DIY Network rehabs a cabin (sometimes entirely rebuilds) and gives it away, kind of like how HGTV gives away a Dream Home every year. This year the property is in Harrison, ID. They are promoting it as CDA, but technically the property is in Harrison, I think about a 30 minute drive from CDA. Was wondering what you guys thought about this? It is introducing a lot of people to north ID, and one would think that there will more more relocations to the area because of this.

Blog Cabin 2015 Location Announcement! | Blog Cabin

Wonder if this will help improve N ID's economy? Being on the "Top 10 Best Places to Retire" lists is one thing, the type of exposure that the DIY Network is giving the area could be something entirely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 10:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 12,600,385 times
Very interesting! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check out the DIY programming. The videos are gorgeous, so this should generate a lot of interest. It's entertaining to read some of the comments on the website--apparently NID has been off most DIY viewers' radar.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:33 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,262,301 times
I just want to WIN it! Where do you enter, or maybe it is not open yet? I just picked out my master suite details.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Very interesting! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check out the DIY programming. The videos are gorgeous, so this should generate a lot of interest. It's entertaining to read some of the comments on the website--apparently NID has been off most DIY viewers' radar.
I think it will generate a lot of interest too. It will be interesting to follow this out and see where it ends up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I just want to WIN it! Where do you enter, or maybe it is not open yet? I just picked out my master suite details.
I almost didn't share it because I wanted to keep the competition down for the win, LOL. But in the end I had to share. Yes, right now it is just voting on the details, what people want in the home, voting starts in the Fall maybe? This is the first time I'll be participating by entering, never heard of it before (we don't have cable). If you poke around you will see the Cabin Cam, a live camera showing the land and construction. So far they've taken the house down except for a few walls and the fireplace in the walk-out basement level. I've seen deer tracks in the snow. The cabin is not on the water, but is on a hill overlooking the water. Property is 8 acres.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:24 PM

159 posts, read 305,165 times
Wow! I love it! So am I understanding correctly that you have to design it to be entered for a chance to win it??? If that's the case, I won't be winning. I have ideas, but really have no clue how to design something. Too bad too. Anyways, thank you so much for sharing! What an amazing opportunity!

Old 01-22-2015, 02:57 PM

227 posts, read 381,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Most people in the USA have no clue of the beauty and magnificence that is NID. It is as if it doesn't even exist to most of the world. That's one of the reasons we came and love it here!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memomfive View Post
Wow! I love it! So am I understanding correctly that you have to design it to be entered for a chance to win it??? If that's the case, I won't be winning. I have ideas, but really have no clue how to design something. Too bad too. Anyways, thank you so much for sharing! What an amazing opportunity!
Actually, what it is, is they have preselected "ideas" for you to choose from. Like right now they have things to vote on for the master bedroom. A platform bed or a bed with storage underneath it. The pictures that you see aren't what will be in the cabin, they are just representative of the idea "which do you like better, platform bed or a bed with storage underneath."

I would absolutely love, love, LOVE to win this, already see myself in it. But unless something big happened I can't say that I can afford the taxes on it (guess I should check out the Kootenai rates). From other DIY cabins that they have given away previously, the cabins often range in the $500k-$800k range.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 12,600,385 times
It turns out our cable service doesn't carry the DIY Network anymore. I'll have to follow the progress online instead.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:43 PM

448 posts, read 807,937 times
Nice! This should be fun to watch. Harrison is great little town on the lake. Huckleberry ice cream cones + water skiing = a good summer's day.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 PM

820 posts, read 1,733,179 times
One of the things to remember, I don't know where in Harrison this house is located, but technically, Harrison is everything from squaw bay down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: