Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I have SAD
Snowmobile Activity Dormancy
I have been suffering from PMS for months. OK, 6 weeks or so. PMS=Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. This wonderful warm weather finally melted the ice off my driveway over the weekend. Fired up the Tiger and went for a short ride. The soft roads, especially where the frost is coming up, kept it entertaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Sick of it. And sick of the flooding and mess it's made because the snow is blocking all the drains.
Today would be a good day to be at Mick Duff's with a blonde and beer-cheese soup.
I'll join you, but with a Knot Tree Porter!

Only problem-the snow melt has revealed all the "land mines" in my yard, courtesy of my dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 02:11 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,738,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

I'll join you, but with a Knot Tree Porter!

Only problem-the snow melt has revealed all the "land mines" in my yard, courtesy of my dogs.
Deal!
Yeah...worst part of the melt are the Pug bombs. The other dog goes into the woods. It's very civilized of him.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:18 PM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Deal!
Yeah...worst part of the melt are the Pug bombs. The other dog goes into the woods. It's very civilized of him.
Yep, one more reason I miss our two big boys. They always headed to the back 40 to take care of business. Not the little ankle biters.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:32 PM

349 posts, read 1,039,902 times
Poor Salmon is flooding, due to the thaw and rain, many friends homes there are under water and people have loss most of their belongings, really sad.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius4 View Post
Yes, sunny and almost 60 degrees here in CDA. I keep waiting to see Misty's annual "peeper" thread to show up.

I think it might be much earlier this year! I keep looking at the Accuweather longterm forecast and they are predicting pretty much the same thing for the next month.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 PM

356 posts, read 520,232 times
Quote:
I think it might be much earlier this year! I keep looking at the Accuweather longterm forecast and they are predicting pretty much the same thing for the next month.

Hmmm. Around here, we refer to that site as "Inaccuweather." Personally, I'm hoping for a bit more snow, but I'd really rather NOT deal with a second melt. Mud-Bleh!

Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 PM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
I always use Wunderground. (Weather Underground)
They're the only weather site that reports a station that's only 2 blocks away from my house, so their current temps and stuff are always the most accurate for me by far.
Their forecasting also is the most accurate on the average as well regionally. It's wonky; I had to learn how to read some of their maps and related stuff. But they're consistently good once you figure the site out.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:37 AM

We always use forecast.weather.gov
Their weather station is 2 miles from me and the forecast is far more accurate for us than any other. The temp usually matches ours dead on as well. But they don't even bother with long range forecasts.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:50 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,243,908 times
I use weather.gov too. Interesting fact, all these weather stations get the same info from the same places, except for the small local readers placed in cities.
When I lived in Moab, weatherbug was the best since they had a limited weather station on top of a hotel in downtown Moab.

As for rain, finally drying out here a bit. Backyard no longer looks like the everglades.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:00 AM

356 posts, read 520,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I always use Wunderground. (Weather Underground)
They're the only weather site that reports a station that's only 2 blocks away from my house, so their current temps and stuff are always the most accurate for me by far.
Their forecasting also is the most accurate on the average as well regionally. It's wonky; I had to learn how to read some of their maps and related stuff. But they're consistently good once you figure the site out.
Me, too, Banjomike. I love Weather Underground. Especially the forecaster discussion.

(Although I use weather.gov for the current day. It's good for figuring out when the ponies need rain jackets vs. jammies. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho