U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 09:57 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,815,863 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else seen the Public Notices from the Gaming and Racing Commissions this past week asking for Public Comments? They are accepting written mailed (?) comments until about Aug. 26, I believe.

What did you read or what do you think about this?

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 11:00 PM

28,446 posts, read 20,311,559 times
More impasse to follow is what i think. Butch gonna do what Butch gonna do, public input or not. All the state's tracks need it to survive.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
More impasse to follow is what i think. Butch gonna do what Butch gonna do, public input or not. All the state's tracks need it to survive.
I think you are 100% correct, Mike. The deadlines have come and gone. I hope someone from NID can give us an update on the Otter vs. Cd'A Tribe Court Case. It would also be interesting to know how well the NID facility has done this year.

I've honestly been surprised with Double Down's very active advertising campaign. But, as they so clearly point out in BOLD terms, they paid X dollars for education, Y dollars in employer taxes and Z dollars in wages to employees. There is nothing subtle about their approach. If nothing else, when the District # 93 vote for a new high school missed the Super Majority passage, by 18 votes, Double Down has advertised more and emphasized their contributions to education.

In one way I say why not have your business functional, if there are so many conflicting issues that all have to be sorted out. I don't know that I could do it, but I understand their thinking. At least I think I understand

MSR

Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 PM

This case went before the Idaho Supreme Court last week. I wonder what will happen.......

Double Down, or more appropriately written, Intermountain Racing, has a public hearing before the end of the month. They seem optomistic, as the hearing is to rezone north of Sandy Downs some property for a "restaurant and bar with simulcast horse races and Historical Horse Races" too. While the name may be different, basically this is a hearing and zoning to build Double Downs east. It sounds like the entity can continue if moved within X feet of the horse racing track.

We''ll see if anyone objects.

Meanwhile, news of the horse races started to get publicized.

MSR

Old 09-08-2015, 07:50 PM

Default Idaho Racing Commission Suspends Intermountain Racing's License

The Idaho Racing Commission has suspended Intermountain Racing's License for Double Down's Historical Horse Terminals. Meanwhile, the owners will remain open while they appeal the decision. Additionally, there have been live horse racing at Sandy Downs the past two weekends. More live races are scheduled in Sept.

As I posted earlier, Double Down is planning on building a restaurant with historical horse betting terminals north of Sandy Downs. The hearing and request to rezone that property should have happened by now. I've not heard the outcome yet.

This is complex, yet the owners have been advertising their various businesses of Intermountain Racing. In one way, the Bernard illustrate how confused and convulsed the Racing Commission and others have been. Gov. Otter returned the Veto bill to the state senate. Ďouble Downs has been open the entire time and have even advertised the various businesses more.

Double Down has added some outside tables and a large sign that says, Double Down at Sandy Downs the past month or so.

What a weird situation

Racing commision says Intermountain Racing's license should be suspended | News - Home

Does anyone know about the lawsuit Governor Otter filed against the C'da tribe?

MSR

Old 10-29-2015, 10:49 AM

An interesting new development.........
Idaho governor calls for return of instant racing terminals | News - Home

What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: