Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:57 AM

742 posts, read 1,129,178 times

Advertisements

Idaho, this is what you get for electing the people YOU CONTINUE to elect into office. $61 million dollars down the drain, all because Tom Luna was incompetent and refused to listen to anyone but his campaign contributors.

Corder on new regime at SDE, after report on $61M Schoolnet boondoggle: 'We can count, we can calculate' | The Spokesman-Review

http://legislature.idaho.gov/ope/pub...orts/r1504.pdf

$61 million dollars we wasted on this ridiculous crap that only pads his buddy's pockets, while our teachers continue to starve. It's no wonder education is as poor as it is here. We can't even figure out how to improve it, because we have the same dopes sitting in office.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 PM

356 posts, read 520,540 times
You are so, so right. I really think that you should try Sacramento. So many fewer losers than here.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:00 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
You are so, so right. I really think that you should try Sacramento. So many fewer losers than here.
I agree.

But don't stop at Sacramento, let's go east to Detroit and Chicago those great bastions of liberalism. There was no cronyism there!

Guess I need to make a dinner plate for my neighbor the teacher; from her appearance, I never would have thought she was starving.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:08 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I wonder if they contracted to the same business that developed the Obamacare website?

Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,402 times
I am agree with your article post.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:09 PM

It's interesting how far people go to deflect this type of conduct, likely from the people they elect and support. I'd bet dollars to donuts that some of you a) didn't even read the article and b) if you did, do not understand what is going on.

$61 million down the drain on a program that nearly everyone said was a nonstarter from the beginning. Yet the contracts got approved and the program rammed down the districts' throats. And somewhere Luna and the people he helped get rich are smiling.

Seriously... where did the $61 million go? Is that sort of thing okay to expect for our elected officials?

Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
I think it is some of the transplants who don't realize what goes on in the Statehouse, or they just don't care.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:31 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,374 times
So people flee "corrupt" and "wasteful" blue states, only to accept the same nonsense in their new home because those politicians are Republicans?

OH! That totally makes sense.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post

Guess I need to make a dinner plate for my neighbor the teacher; from her appearance, I never would have thought she was starving.
Your anecdotes are not supported by the facts.

Fact: Idaho is 49th in teacher pay. Idaho teacher pay falls to 49th in nation in new report | The Spokesman-Review

Fact: Idaho teachers haven't had a pay increase since 2008.

Fact: More than 1/3 of Idaho teachers make Idaho's minimum teacher salary of $31,000 per year.
House passes career ladder teacher-pay bill, 62-8, with no debate | The Spokesman-Review

Fact: Idaho is losing teachers; we are not keeping our teachers here, and we are not recruiting teachers from out of state.
House passes career ladder teacher-pay bill, 62-8, with no debate | The Spokesman-Review

Here are some more fun facts, relating to students and education more than teachers.

Fact: Idaho students are among the bottom in the nation for attending college.
Why Idaho kids don't go to college | News | The Pacific Northwest Inlander | News, Politics, Music, Calendar, Events in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene and the Inland Northwest

Fact: Idaho schools are 49th in financing and funding, pre-pupil spending
Idaho Education News / Idaho ranks No. 46 in Education Week report

Fact: Given Idaho's demographics and ideological bent, it will always be an uphill battle to fund education. Many are retirees, and simply don't care (and don't want their taxes to go up, or to support bonds); many don't feel spending money on education yields results; many don't care if their kids go to college in the first place; and many disagree with the very idea of public education.

Is this problem getting better or worse?

It's obviously getting worse, as Idaho schools keep plummeting down in nearly all metrics.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:00 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalsLOL View Post
Your anecdotes are not supported by the facts.

Fact: Idaho is 49th in teacher pay. Idaho teacher pay falls to 49th in nation in new report | The Spokesman-Review

Fact: Idaho teachers haven't had a pay increase since 2008.

Fact: More than 1/3 of Idaho teachers make Idaho's minimum teacher salary of $31,000 per year.

Fact: Idaho is losing teachers; we are not keeping our teachers here, and we are not recruiting teachers from out of state.

Here are some more fun facts, relating to students and education more than teachers.

Fact: Idaho students are among the bottom in the nation for attending college.
Why Idaho kids don't go to college | News | The Pacific Northwest Inlander | News, Politics, Music, Calendar, Events in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene and the Inland Northwest

Fact: Idaho schools are 49th in financing and funding, pre-pupil spending
Idaho Education News / Idaho ranks No. 46 in Education Week report

Fact: Given Idaho's demographics and ideological bent, it will always be an uphill battle to fund education. Many are retirees, and simply don't care (and don't want their taxes to go up, or to support bonds); many don't feel spending money on education yields results; many don't care if their kids go to college in the first place; and many disagree with the very idea of public education.

Is this problem getting better or worse?

It's obviously getting worse, as Idaho schools keep plummeting down in nearly all metrics.

Excuse me, but you posted on an open forum and I answered. You stated, "while our teachers continue to starve..." and I stand by my answer. My neighbor is a teacher and she is obese; as well as the kids, so it appears she is not starving. Thus your statement is inaccurate; teachers are not starving. And if they are, do you have any proof? Do you know teachers who are in the food line at the local charity? So before stating something, research it. Cause someone might come out and call you on your answer.

I am well aware, as others, to your views, and my reply to your statement, "$61 million dollars we wasted on this ridiculous crap that only pads his buddy's pockets..." was to point out that even though this "so-called" republican legislature we have in ID is making mistakes and partaking in cronyism, it is known that the liberal end of the political spectrum also partakes in cronyism. (I say "so-called" since they are far from "red" enough for me.)

If you do not like answers that do not reflect your ideas and/or beliefs, then my suggestion would be not to post on an open forum, or just learn not to read any of my posts. Maybe there is an ignore function, as some forums have so you don't get bothered by what I say. Maybe I should also look!

As for the others....
Yes I am a transplant to ID. Is there a problem with that? I would hazard to guess that most on this forum are transplants. But can't say for sure.

NO, I did not move here from Chicago, but I was born in Detroit, and later in life did live outside of Detroit in one of the suburbs. But gee whiz, I also lived in NY, GA, TN, CO, UT, FL, Turkey, and a few other places not to be mentioned on an open forum. And NO, I do not want the same type of government that controls Chicago and controlled Detroit, and NO I do not like crooked politicians, but I have learned to live with it, seeing how our country keeps electing the same fools from the President on down to the local school board.

I do not condone any type of political corruption from any politician be they democrat, republican, libertarian, communist, etc. However, on this forum, some people just spend all their time looking to bash the ID legislature and want others to just sit back and agree with them. Sorry, I was born with a spine; not true of many others; so I will probably not give a "I love your post," "Or I agree with all you said," type of reply.

So, I will look for that ignore button, if there is one. And now that I have answered the OP and others who made comments under assumptions, I'll leave and let all your libs just have fun knocking the republicans in the legislature. But please, don't try and tell me that the dems can do any better!

Bye now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho