Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 AM

159 posts, read 305,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellavita116 View Post
Congratulations! I know this has been in your heart for a while, so very happy for you and your family!

Thank you Labellavita! It has been in our hearts for a very long time! It's hard to believe it's really happening. Sometimes I just feel like I need to pinch myself. :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 06:02 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,371,712 times
I'm in the same boat. Sold our house and we should be living near CdA by July. Very excited, this has been ten years in the making. Going to be closer to friends, family, and all the water!

Also hoping to never see -30 and wind in the winter... again.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:17 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memomfive View Post
I am so excited!! After years of planning to move to NID, it is finally happening!! Without even putting our house back on the market yet, someone from Virginia came, looked, and immediately made an offer! And everything from there is so far falling into place. Like, we have friends here in Kansas who happen to own a home in Spokane. They're going to let us stay there while we look for our own home. We really didn't want to be in Washington, but when something is offered, so close to where we want to be, we can't pass it up. God is good and paving the way for us! This site has been such a blessing over these past few years. I really appreciate all the help and answers I have been able to get here. Thank you! I can't wait to call Idaho home!!
I do have a couple other questions to throw your way though. For one we Homeschool, do you know of any groups or activities for homeschoolers? I've been researching online, but haven't found very much. We're hoping to end up between CDA and Sandpoint.
I'm also a Norwex consultant and was wondering how well known Norwex is there? Are there a lot of consultants?
Anyways, I do look forward to getting settled in NID! Kansas has sucked the life out of us and we need it renewed! We're looking forward to enjoying what time we have left with our remaining four children hiking, camping, and just enjoying the great outdoors!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you Now please, pray that my husband and I get as lucky within the next few months so we can get OUT of California!

Which area of Kansas are you leaving? There is actually a committee of some sort in Eureka, Kansas looking for Californians who want to escape and they are offering help with relocation. We are so desperate to leave California that we almost got pulled in to this, but after reading about the high insurance rates and baseball-sized hail we are sticking with our original plan to wait until we can get to NID. Plus, Kansas seems so flat and it would kill my soul to not have nature and hiking trails.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
I'm in the same boat. Sold our house and we should be living near CdA by July. Very excited, this has been ten years in the making. Going to be closer to friends, family, and all the water!

Also hoping to never see -30 and wind in the winter... again.
Congratulations Dave! It's amazing how great it feels when you've looked forward to it for so long!
Where are you moving from??? I thought Kansas was bad with their freezing temps in the winter and wind, but -30 is way worse. Sounds like Alaska?? Anyways, I am so done with the wind it's not even funny. We're just hoping the temps don't get too high before we leave here, because the heat just about kills my husband.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you Now please, pray that my husband and I get as lucky within the next few months so we can get OUT of California!

Which area of Kansas are you leaving? There is actually a committee of some sort in Eureka, Kansas looking for Californians who want to escape and they are offering help with relocation. We are so desperate to leave California that we almost got pulled in to this, but after reading about the high insurance rates and baseball-sized hail we are sticking with our original plan to wait until we can get to NID. Plus, Kansas seems so flat and it would kill my soul to not have nature and hiking trails.
Thank you Cyanna, My recommendation if you enjoy hiking and the outdoors, do not move to Kansas!! We live in central Kansas and there's one mile long walking trail here. If we drive an hour we can find another, but they are few and far between. If you like tree's again don't move here. They are constantly cutting down tree's for more buildings or farmers fields. Not to mention the wind is always blowing. 10-25mph. is average with 30-50 a few times a month. So even if the temps are nice the wind is usually blowing so bad you still can't enjoy it. Tornadoes and hail are also a common thing here. We live between 2 lakes, but because of all the run off from the farmers fields we get sick every time we swim in them. Not to mention for about 4 years no one could go swimming because of the Blue/green algae. This place has literally sucked the life out of us. We want to enjoy what time we have left with our four younger children before it's too late. The only positive I can honestly say about Kansas is the amazing sky! You can see the sky for miles. You can watch storms as they draw near. The sun shines most the time here, so there are some positives, but not enough for us to stay!
I will pray for you and your husband! God is good and can open doors for you just as he's done for us!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,371,712 times
northern Wyoming

Old 05-11-2015, 08:50 AM

66 posts, read 145,990 times
I am joining the exodus from California in three weeks! My house has been leased, I am nearly done packing, and have my route planned out. I opted to lease my home for awhile and sell most of my furniture. I have spent years researching, visiting, watching webcams, ski-testing the areas, and of course reading this blog and I chose Hailey/Ketchum for my new home. I will be renting up there for the first year. It has been a big undertaking, but I am very excited!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
I am joining the exodus from California in three weeks! My house has been leased, I am nearly done packing, and have my route planned out. I opted to lease my home for awhile and sell most of my furniture. I have spent years researching, visiting, watching webcams, ski-testing the areas, and of course reading this blog and I chose Hailey/Ketchum for my new home. I will be renting up there for the first year. It has been a big undertaking, but I am very excited!
How exciting! Best of luck, Clarabel. Keep us posted!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 AM

66 posts, read 145,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
How exciting! Best of luck, Clarabel. Keep us posted!
Thank you, and I will! I plan on driving through Utah (thanks to all the advice on routes here) and seeing the sights there on my way up.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post

Congratulations Clarabel!! Isn't it a great feeling to finally be moving forward on something you've dreamed about so long? I am so happy for you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho