Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 06:41 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times

Advertisements

These Are The 10 Worst Places To Live In Idaho - HomeSnacks

Sandpoint is on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,323 times
I wouldn't take this too seriously. The name of the website is Homesnacks Sounds like they are hitting the bong while they work.

from the website:

about HomeSnacks

HomeSnacks is brought to you by two guys in Durham, NC.

We use data, analytics, and research into local culture to determine quality of life for places across the nation. Topics include safety, entertainment, and way of life.

So two guys in bfe Durham, NC possibly make a living out of crunching numbers without ever visiting the places they rank.

Here is what they said about Middleton:

Quote:
Middleton doubles in population every ten years, so perhaps as people move there and commute into Boise, these numbers will change.
ummm..I think that a lot of people who live in Middleton already commute for work. Middleton has always been a tiny agricultural based town but now is surrounded by fancy mcmansions for people who have moved to the greater Boise area and want acreage around their homes. I know some peeps who live in Middleton and commute to Boise everyday for work.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 PM

yeah, it's kind of strange. Sandpoint Online just posted it, so I thought I would share.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:56 PM

199 posts, read 315,933 times
Interesting, thanks for posting........

They need to get a good spell checker over there at Homesnacks.net.......

At the end of the article there is a table that lists out to 36 cities in Idaho and there was the heading....

"Worst Places To Live In Idaho, Detailed Tabble"

Old 06-04-2015, 07:02 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I wouldn't take this too seriously. The name of the website is Homesnacks Sounds like they are hitting the bong while they work.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:03 PM

As far as proofreading, I didn't do so well either. I mean to title this Worst Towns in Idaho. .

Old 06-04-2015, 09:54 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
We need more people to put northern Idaho on "worst" lists... haha

Old 06-05-2015, 02:59 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Statistics, especially when viewed from afar, can become misleading.
'Quality of Life' is especially one that can be twisted a dozen ways, as it can mean totally different things to people who are very much alike.

All I know is that for every person I know who is generally content where they live, there's another person nearby who thinks living in the same place is a Living Hell. To me, that always says more about the people than the place. I've always known as many of one as the other, anywhere I have ever lived.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:20 AM

227 posts, read 382,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
We need more people to put northern Idaho on "worst" lists... haha
You got that right!

I do think Sandpoint is the worst town in Sandpoint though. It is also the best I think...unless I am forgetting one.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM

151 posts, read 203,840 times
A casual friend of mine moved to ID maybe a year ago, can't remember the town she lives in, would have to look it up, but it is very small and north of Boise, maybe halfway up, near the Oregon border. She posted this yesterday on FB and I commented on it, that I have heard of employment issues in many areas of ID, but Sandpoint? CDA? being among the worst places to live in ID? Seriously? They regularly top the best of the best lists. Then she brought up the "racism" issues in N ID, how locals where she lives have told her it is an issue. Well, 1) the article didn't discuss that issue, 2) neither she and I have been to N ID (and I would like to know if those people she knows have actually been) so I really want to be careful that we are not speaking as if we really know when we don't, and 3) I think we need to research these things out and make sure we are not perpetuating untruths.

And FWIW some of these articles are just click bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho