Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,474 times

Advertisements

Payette is no were as near as that guy made it sound I meechans and im only 18 they have great food && as for acyivities for kids go to fruitland or ontario. && I live across the street from the skate park the only bad thing about it is moskitos! && I lived in Vancouver wa also b4 I moved there && Honestly I like it much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,667 times
i LOVE payette.
i grew up there. and still growing there.
chris oria does have a good point we are all really sarcastic and have stuck up attitudes and you will find most teens either drinking or getting high or both. Dont get me wrong there are good clean kids too, but they are kinda hard to find haha. its a small city where everyone knows everyone and the skate park has more then 4 people anymore more like atleast a dozen at a time. i can say i have spent my share of time at meechams. its fun i like playing pool and listening to music and just kickin it. i guess you would have to have a little bit of hick in you to be able to live in payette. either that or you just cant give a crap. i will always call payette my home town.
payette is not a place where you go to look for "the love of your life." you wont find them unless your into the cheating type.
but the veiw. payette does have lots of old set up houses and not very much things to do unless ur into chillin or out mudding but hey its whatever :]

GOOD OL' PAYETTE IDAHO!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 15,331 times
I went to payette years ago!!!!! It is a nice little town without a doubt that state is very nice!!!! The 1 thing i did not like is that the cops there dont seem to do anything.... When i went to payette it was about 91 i believe... I went with my dad to go to california to take a load there and get a load of potatoes in payette when he was driving truck.... Well to make a story go short he went to the bar from where we were i could c the bar i thnik it was the main street in payette we were on.... So we got stuck there for like a day and a half... After he went to the bar i was stuck in the truck because i was not 21 and could not go in the bar... I actually got surrounded by a whole bunch of teenagers around my age while i was in the truck it was about 9 pm... I thought i was in NYC it sure seemed like it that 4 such a small town!!!!! Lucky for me i got away from these young punks b 4 they caught me and i made it to the bar!!!! I seen a cop but they did not even ask anything the cops there!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 09:04 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,949,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraDee17 View Post
Payette is no were as near as that guy made it sound I meechans and im only 18 they have great food && as for acyivities for kids go to fruitland or ontario. && I live across the street from the skate park the only bad thing about it is moskitos! && I lived in Vancouver wa also b4 I moved there && Honestly I like it much better.
Check out the educational system.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,976 times
I couldn't agree with you more about what you have said about Payette. I have met dozens of "refugees" over the past few years who are very happy to have gotten out of there. It is just a never ending cycle of white trash and low class mexican behavior with no end in site. I lived there for almost two years and would never go back unless I absolutely had no choice.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,142 times
Default my experence in Idaho

I lived in Idaho since i was 15 years old,now i am 35.I loved it when i was a kid.There is there good things and thee bad things about the town alot on here is the truth its bad.I have never been into trouble with the cops but i had one that followed me and new everything about me and my husband and even knew how many kids i had at the time.He even told me that i had to meet him or he was going to tell my abusive husband i was doing things with him, the 1st time and last time i seen him,he told me he has a 3 week old child and i told him if he ever drove by my house and hurrased me again i was doing something about it and he did stop, think goodness that was scarry..my best friend of 21 years has a cousin and he has been parting with the cops for the past 5 years and he is almost 18 now.and when they pull him over for a dui they just take him home and he's one of them that has been driving in payette since he was 12 and one of the kids that goes to the bars all the time.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:02 PM

10 posts, read 39,731 times
I grew up in the area, never felt good about Payette. I would go farther north or farther south. Weiser is definitely better than Payette. Particularly for young families.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM

96 posts, read 620,073 times
Payette is a nice place to be from........Far away from.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 AM

100 posts, read 233,470 times
Payette has a very nice grade school and some nice older homes. (You should always get a termite inspection in this area). It has a nice library for a small town. It has a new school building for the junior high. There are some pleasant rural areas, too. TThe mosquito district has been beneficial. There are some recent economic benefits from natural gas wells in the area. There are pluses and minuses like every small town, but it is what you make of it. There are very few jobs. Most people work for minimum wage or are in ag or are employed in Oregon (Ore-Ida, SRCI, TVCC, hospital). You will probably end up having to shop in Ontario or head to Boise.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 PM

5 posts, read 10,558 times
paynette is the spot love it there no other place like it if you love the outdoors and a great place to raise a family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho