Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:44 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Evacuation has been ordered for the Bearpaw off 57.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
So ready for this summer to be over.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So ready for this summer to be over.
It's like the summer from hell. It will break my heart if our place burns. Praying for our friends and neighbors and firefighters, and devastated to hear about the firefighters in Twisp.

I love our cabin but it isn't worth anyone's life.

But dang...I'm glad we don't have all the livestock we used to and no horses at home. Worrying about how to get everything out used to keep me up at night. Can't imagine writing my phone number on their hooves and turning them loose.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:36 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
It's like the summer from hell. It will break my heart if our place burns. Praying for our friends and neighbors and firefighters, and devastated to hear about the firefighters in Twisp.

I love our cabin but it isn't worth anyone's life.

But dang...I'm glad we don't have all the livestock we used to and no horses at home. Worrying about how to get everything out used to keep me up at night. Can't imagine writing my phone number on their hooves and turning them loose.

I'm praying for everyone Misty. I also started a thread in Current events with many links. I feel those in the east, and south simply do not understand how severe this year is. If anyone wants to add there, please do.

Our news said the SODA fire was 90+% contained so many would be going to the other fires. We have one in Salmon now just starting.

The time may not be right to read this; however, it will be here when it is the right time. BanjoMike has explained in the SODA fire thread how these fires can destroy so much so fast. Basically, the BLM has to use their budget and borrow from preventive programs, which is what would limit the fires more, to pay for firefighting. ID and OR Congress members want wildfires to come under FEMA. This can be discussed later, but makes sense the BLM can't get ahead when all their funds are spent on these horrible fires.

Forest Service burning through budget fighting fires | News - Home

Idaho is under an air quality alert or higher depending where one lives. If one has breathing problems, or I'll add is allergic to smoke like I am, stay indoors and contact your doctor.

I'll pray we get some rain or other help for all the residents of ID and surrounding states. Stay safe and try to get some rest. Misty, if you'realized up and want to talk, I'm a good listener. Let me know.

I'm so sorry for all who have lost property, crops, and more to the wildfires. Three families lost firefighters in WA state last night. Hang in there everyone the best you can.

MSR

Old 08-20-2015, 12:39 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
I am in Libby / Troy, and I hear from locals that deer are coming this way, i.e. northward fro Scotchman Peak.

I was gonna take 56 South to 200 to Sandpoint Thursday morning, but it sounds a no-go from some commenters here. After spending the day in Sandpoint, eventually Thurs evening I need to be at Priest Lake.

Any advice?

Old 08-20-2015, 04:47 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I am in Libby / Troy, and I hear from locals that deer are coming this way, i.e. northward fro Scotchman Peak.

I was gonna take 56 South to 200 to Sandpoint Thursday morning, but it sounds a no-go from some commenters here. After spending the day in Sandpoint, eventually Thurs evening I need to be at Priest Lake.

Any advice?
Call the Highway Patrol. They are the easiest for current road status. Montana will know where to direct you to the Idaho State Police if they don't know the conditions here.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:49 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I believe wildfires should be under FEMA. Fires are as much natural disasters as floods, hurricanes and tornadoes, and the effects are just as long lasting.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I believe wildfires should be under FEMA. Fires are as much natural disasters as floods, hurricanes and tornadoes, and the effects are just as long lasting.
Agreed.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:03 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Updated info daily at www.Idahofireinfo.blogspot.com.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 AM

We are lucky in the Priest Lake area to have a very active social media network run by Pecky Cox. She started the Priest Lake fire and storm page a while back and it is extremely active and up to the minute, regarding the Tower Fire. Fire Officials are posting there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho