Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 06:05 PM

271 posts, read 390,268 times

Advertisements

Ada County seeks approval from FAA to use drones | Boise Sun Times

I know I enjoy flying them responsibly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 08:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
A few months ago here, one of the regulars swore he would shoot any drone he saw first and ask questions later.
My, how quickly some things change…

I expect them to become another part of everyone's life pretty soon. For sure, drones have many advantages for life out here, and they are still in their infancy. I think 10 years from now, the drone you fly now will be as antique as the Wright brother's Flyer.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 PM

I think it is great for taking aerial video of the property and nature.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A few months ago here, one of the regulars swore he would shoot any drone he saw first and ask questions later.
My, how quickly some things change…

I expect them to become another part of everyone's life pretty soon. For sure, drones have many advantages for life out here, and they are still in their infancy. I think 10 years from now, the drone you fly now will be as antique as the Wright brother's Flyer.
I bet they would still try to shoot them down.

Yep, the tech is advancing so fast it is almost mind boggling. You can already have the ability to see who is shooting at your quadcopter recording it remotely in better than HD with existing tech. You can almost shoot back.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:00 PM

199 posts, read 315,933 times
Been flying drones for about 4 years or so but used to call them quadcopters, hexacopters or octocopters, never really liked the word "drone". Got in on the ground floor before the floor was even built....

Have hundreds of nature vids on my youtube channel and did upscale weddings for 3 years working for a wedding videographer, wedding work is very stressful, most shots there is only one take, no second chance.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra don View Post
Been flying drones for about 4 years or so but used to call them quadcopters, hexacopters or octocopters, never really liked the word "drone". Got in on the ground floor before the floor was even built....

Have hundreds of nature vids on my youtube channel and did upscale weddings for 3 years working for a wedding videographer, wedding work is very stressful, most shots there is only one take, no second chance.
Whooo… photographing weddings IS a tough job. You must have been pretty good to stay at it that long. I've known a couple of good photogs who did it for a short time, and then quit. Dealing with bride stress seemed to bug them the most, and if it wasn't the bride, it was the bride's mom.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:10 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
They are hard to shoot down so I will be installing one of these on my roof:
Boeing Unveils Its Anti-Drone Laser Weapon | Popular Science

Old 09-06-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
They are hard to shoot down so I will be installing one of these on my roof:
Boeing Unveils Its Anti-Drone Laser Weapon | Popular Science
The laser somehow instantly reminded me of R2D2 in the picture of it. It was also interesting that Boeing had to add sound effects so the laser crew knew the weapon was on and firing.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:28 PM

332 posts, read 482,935 times
The problem with drones is the potential for abuse. While the technology to look in on people from the air has been there for a very long time, the ability for anyone to attain the same capabilities with low cost, little regulation, and ZERO accountability has allowed for an explosion of what I consider to be illicit behavior.

Until the rules are changed that allow for enforcement and protection of privacy, the counter-measure industry is going to blossom just as quickly. It will be its own little technology war.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra don View Post

That's why I put quadcopters in parenthesis. Maybe multirotors would have been more appropriate.

Awesome that we both enjoy the hobby don. I need to find out if there is a NID group. I think FPV racing looks fun and would be something I could be good at if I could afford it long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho