Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:32 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,664,614 times

Advertisements

Congratulations from me, too! Don't exclude the option of looking for a place north of the Long Bridge (all depending on where your workplace is, and your hours). Traffic can be somewhat heavy on the bridge at rush hour. There are great areas north of town, as well as toward the west. And of course eastward toward Hope and Clark Fork! But that commute is probably too long for you.

I think we would all recommend that you find a rental for the first 3-6 months while you get your bearings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 AM

69 posts, read 69,720 times
Hoo Doo Valley (between Priest River & Spirit Lake) area provides options for commuting. Dufort Road east to 95 N.
or
Dufort Road west cross the river to Priest River then follow to Rte 2 to Sandpoint. Middle of nowhere convenient to everything.

It's very scenic and we always loop the trip going to Sandpoint one way and returning the other. There is also Lake Shore Drive that is off of Dufort and ends on 95 just south of the long bridge.

We researched Bonner & Boundary County for quite a few years before settling. We are happy where we settled, but you need to find what works best for you. We love and recommend anywhere from Priest River to Clark Fork, CDA to the Canadian Border :-)

Old 09-28-2016, 03:16 PM

40 posts, read 40,165 times
I will be working in Sandpoint at lite house foods.
I will be staying at my in-laws in Hayden until I can figure out where we want to live. I know the drive from Hayden is far but they live almost in Athol.
I like Sagle, Careywood and Laclede, ID area as well places north of the bridge.
I am looking for 3 bedroom and 2 bath on 8 to 20 acres where I can hunt and shoot with no issues.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:09 AM

40 posts, read 40,165 times
I have a couple question about snow and studded tires.
Where should one look for studded tires and is it better to have studded tires or snow tires?

Old 10-03-2016, 11:04 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romefxr View Post
I have a couple question about snow and studded tires.
Where should one look for studded tires and is it better to have studded tires or snow tires?
I think there is another thread here somewhere specifically about tires for winter. You will find people on both sides of the question about studs, but I think the consensus here on C-D is studded are better.

In doing our research I found a technical report that concluded that modern dedicated winter/snow tires are better than studded tires in all conditions except for icy/packed snow at or around freezing temps. Turns out that icy roads near 32*F is a pretty common condition here, and nothing else (except perhaps chains) will work well at all in that condition, so that's why many recommend studded tires. While dedicated winter/snow tires may have an edge on snow at colder temperatures, really most any good all season tire will work pretty well in that situation. We're planning to get studded tires for the vehicles we'll be driving in winter.

Lots of people recommend Les Schwab for tires here in the Sandpoint area.

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho