Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,345 times

Advertisements

I am interested in Pet friendly rentals(apartments or preferably houses) in the American Falls, Idaho area
Any info would be greatly appreciated as I have never been to the area before.
I am looking for something affordable $700 and lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 04:16 PM

719 posts, read 1,567,305 times
How do you feel about wind?

Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
American Falls is pretty small. I doubt many apartments exist, so looking for a rental house or mobile home is probably more likely.

As to the dog- I've found that if a rentor wants to rent his place out badly enough, he will be open to negotiation on keeping a dog. If yours is housebroken and mature, that will make finding a rental easier. Your affordability limit will probably be enough to find a pretty good place.

Good luck!

I'm curious; why American Falls? Do you have a job waiting there? Chubbuck and Pocatello aren't very far away, and both are larger and have many more amenities than American Falls.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with American Falls, especially if you like to fish. The American Falls reservoir is within walking distance in the city limits. The original township was abandoned back in the 30s when the dam was built, and all the homes that could be moved were moved uphill, beyond the limits of the reservoir.

A few years ago, the reservoir's water was so low that folks who lived there could walk down and visit the remnants of the old town. All the houses etc. are gone, but the foundations, sidewalks and some fire hydrants still remain. They were always covered by the water until then.
There is a large concrete grain elevator that sits out in the water like a sentinel that can be seen all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho