U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2006, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,033 times

Advertisements

My family and I are going to be making a trip to the N/Eastern area of Idaho. We've visited the panhandle and loved Sandpoint and surrounds but it was too cold for us.

We're homeschooling now in the desert area of So CA, so though public schools would be an option if they aren't made of the right stuff homeschooling is still our number one preference.

I am most concerned with crime and population factors.

I've gone to this site which is where I found this neato forum and that area sounds really attractive to me and my family.

//www.city-data.com/city/Idaho.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2006, 08:54 PM
JAB

7 posts, read 34,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guardener
I am most concerned with crime and population factors.
They give a break-down of these stats when you look up a city, from that URL you posted above.

Criminal behavior is just about everywhere these days; I was never affected when living in larger or smaller cities.

My brother (white) lived once within a mainly black/mexican area once in a larger city, and he never had any problems...but he "socalized" and sometimes fixed their vehicles, gratis.

Sometimes, it is how you conduct your affairs...and sometimes not.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 15,546 times
Default Living in Rexburg

Hi, I have lived in Rexburg, ID for 11 years. Basically it is Mormon town. If you are Mormon you will enjoy the experience much more. Madison County, where Rexburg is, is the 2nd fastest growing county in Idaho. Including 11,000 college students we are right at 29,000 people. The traffic is really bad. The roads are the same as when we have 7,000 people. The Mormon Temple is under construction and should be finished in late 2007. This will bring in a great many more people. People retire and move to where a temple is in order to do volunteer work at it. I am looking to move to a smaller town. Teton would be a good place to live and just shop in Rexburg. I have lost count of the apartment builiding here. But I would say at least 90. Large complexes that house thousands of students and all those students have cars, etc. A good place to look online is removed. Good luck. Of course with all this growth the housing market is way out of site.

Last edited by Marka; 04-25-2006 at 08:28 AM..

Old 07-08-2006, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
I have lived in Rexburg for five years and love it. I also have a little girl. It is a great community to raise your kids. Sugar City is also a great choice,it is about five miles north of rexburg and is a little more in the country if you want peace and quiet. Rexburg has a great nature park with ducks, and a skate park and lots of paved trails for biking or running. I am just a small country girl and feel really safe in the Rexburg area. Of course crime is never non-existent, but this is one of the best rated. It has very low rate of crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho