Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 596 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently packing,cleaning and fixing our home in Washington State to put on the market. We've bounced back and forth between the Boise area and the Lewiston area for where we want our future home, and hopefully our last move ever!!

My concern is snakes and spiders! I can't stand either. I've looked online at many homes in and around Boise since we're kind of leaning in that direction. I've found articles and such on places like Meridian,Kuna... that have talked about snakes. Do any of you have any information or experiences with this? It may make my decision for me. My husband lived in Lewiston so he's pretty aware of where to avoid for that area.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 10:44 PM

742 posts, read 1,122,863 times
You probably won't deal with too many snakes in the city/towns, but we do have snakes here. Bullsnakes, garden snakes, and rattle snakes, especially in the foothills, in the desert, and in the mountains.

The spiders will be worse, and they're very common in the Boise area. In my homes here I've had just about all types - black widows and hobos are the most common, but I've also seen brown recluse. You'll get a host of other spiders, too, but those are the ones to worry about. We spray a few times a year but they seem to be pretty pervasive, and in their own way I guess they're pretty helpful. You just must be careful in certain places where you put your hands or feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho