Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:43 PM

7 posts, read 7,019 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the input. We are looking to move anywhere in Idaho that I can get a job. Currently I've been applying to jobs in Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, basically everywhere. We feel like different cities/areas have a lot of pros but it's all going to depend on the job.

I've been applying to all the county, city, and state jobs that I qualify for and won't be too much of a pay cut. Also all the major companies I check daily for openings. I'm up at 4:30am to get applications done before work and follow up when I get home from work before I settle in for the night. It may sound like too much but I definitely am serious about making this move happen and am serious about finding a career in Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 12:00 AM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
If you send out resumés, drop a snapshot in the envelope. Folks out here do a lot of stuff face to face, so it can't hurt to show them what you look like, your age, etc. It adds a human touch to the words on the paper.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:44 PM

Banjomike thanks for the tip but I send out my applications through email or the company site.

I might be flying to Boise at the end of next week for an interview with a county government. It's either Ada,Boise, or Elmore, I don't want to say which one publicly just yet because I'm more of a private person than your average 26 year old.

I'm working out the logistics but am definitely excited and looking forward to the opportunity. Even if the interview doesn't pan out it will still be good for me to spend a couple days in the area and scope out some more things that I hadn't been able to last trip.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM

813 posts, read 1,052,889 times
If you are going to be here for the weekend, you might consider going to the Village in Meridian Friday night to listen to a free classic rock cover band called Pilot Error or going out past Mountain Home for the Mountain Home Music Festival (Country Jam).

Good luck on the interview!

Old 08-09-2016, 02:28 PM

63 posts, read 166,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMSBIGworriessmall View Post
The amount of sex offenders is also not comforting, in doing a search of any address its rare to not have them close by.
I found this interesting and I decided to look it up; this from 2014 (although it fluctuates by year): Idaho has one of the highest sex offender rates in the nation. However, because of the difference in population density between Florida and Idaho you are more likely to live near a sex offender in Florida.

Unfortunately, Idaho also has a 67% increase in the number of sex offenders since 2005. A much higher growth rate in sex offenders than the overall population.

Idaho, The Great American Sex Offender Redoubt. I suspect sex offenders move to Idaho to be left alone.

Which States House The Most Sex Offenders Per Capita? - Vocativ

Old 08-09-2016, 02:48 PM

6,335 posts, read 7,691,154 times
The topic of register sex offenders has been discussed in the Idaho forum frequently. Here is a link to one such thread. Let's not visit the topic again, at least in this current thread, other that in direct response to the OP's query.

What's up with all of the sex offenders in Idaho?

Especially read Sage's post. It explains very well discrepancy in reporting standard between the various states.

//www.city-data.com/forum/13303922-post7.html

-

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 08-09-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 PM

Big news!

I ended up interviewing for multiple jobs the day I was in town and I've been offered a position with the State. We are going to be making the move in September and are very excited! The plan is to sell all our furniture and drive both of our vehicles.

When I was in Boise and Mountain home I definitely liked Boise better just because I think there will be more to do. Also working downtown my commute will be about 8miles with the apartment we are renting.

Looking forward to the journey and new lifestyle!

Old 08-18-2016, 10:15 PM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMSBIGworriessmall View Post
Big news!

I ended up interviewing for multiple jobs the day I was in town and I've been offered a position with the State. We are going to be making the move in September and are very excited! The plan is to sell all our furniture and drive both of our vehicles.

When I was in Boise and Mountain home I definitely liked Boise better just because I think there will be more to do. Also working downtown my commute will be about 8miles with the apartment we are renting.

Looking forward to the journey and new lifestyle!
Congratulations, and Welcome to Idaho!

"May your head always be warm, and may all your children be fat."

Last edited by banjomike; 08-18-2016 at 10:24 PM..

Old 08-19-2016, 07:57 AM

813 posts, read 1,052,889 times
Congrats!! Good to see that you already have an apartment lined up and a job too!

Old 08-19-2016, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it! Making this move happen quick! Excited to swap out these Florida plates for Idaho ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho