Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM

47 posts, read 52,364 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how the economy is in the Boise and CDA area. These are the two areas we are looking at for a move. I have found through my research and the threads here that CDA may be more expensive to rent a home. We are not interested in purchasing at this time. But it also seems that many feel that it is worth it to live in the CDA area.

I am interested in more of a consumer view particularly as for building, remodeling, etc, things you might go to a Home Depot for. Anyone familiar with the Home Depots in the Boise/CDA area. I know there are I think 4 in the Boise area with 1 in CDA but there I think is one in Lewiston, Post Falls and perhaps Moscow.
Anyone know how the customer service is in any of these stores.

Also which one of these locations with the best consumer reviews, would also be the best homeschooling location. Are the areas growing?

Hopefully this made some sense. Iam a little distracted this mornign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 10:00 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoAnywhereMidwest View Post
I was wondering how the economy is in the Boise and CDA area. These are the two areas we are looking at for a move. I have found through my research and the threads here that CDA may be more expensive to rent a home. We are not interested in purchasing at this time. But it also seems that many feel that it is worth it to live in the CDA area.

I am interested in more of a consumer view particularly as for building, remodeling, etc, things you might go to a Home Depot for. Anyone familiar with the Home Depots in the Boise/CDA area. I know there are I think 4 in the Boise area with 1 in CDA but there I think is one in Lewiston, Post Falls and perhaps Moscow.

Also which one of these locations with the best consumer reviews, would also be the best homeschooling location. Are the areas growing?

Yelp for Home Depot reviews.

Boise is by far the largest city in the state with the most diverse economy and job opportunities. Yes it is growing and growing fast. There is construction going on everywhere in Boise.

There are several threads here about home schooling so you should be able to find a lot of great info.

There is also a Home Depot in Pocatello and Idaho Falls and Twin Falls.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 09-01-2016 at 10:15 AM..

Old 09-01-2016, 10:52 AM

Thank you for your response and I did look at the possibility for Idaho Falls. I watched some videos of people videoing a drive around and through Pocatello and from that I was not impressed plus I believe the winds and the snow are much worse on the eastern side of the state. Don't get me wrong, we are looking for seasons and looking forward to snow (though we will have to learn to drive in it and shovel it, etc) but it seems that the western side of the state might suit us better.

I did search for homeschooling threads and found one but was not all that informative. I'll do it again or just google it perhaps.

Thanks again.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:25 AM

356 posts, read 520,540 times
As for homeschooling, what are your questions? Idaho is about as homeschool-friendly as it gets. If you are looking for co-ops, camps, and extra-curricular opportunities, Boise is FULL of them. I believe the CDA/Post Falls area has a fairly active homeschool community, but nothing like Boise. We're up in Sandpoint; there are lots of homeschoolers but not as many organized groups.

If you have any specific questions, please post again. I'd be glad to try to help.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoAnywhereMidwest View Post

Lewiston has a Home Depot. Moscow does not, but Moscow Building Supply would probably give them good competition.

Neither are in anything like what I would consider the "CDA area."

Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
As for homeschooling, what are your questions? Idaho is about as homeschool-friendly as it gets. If you are looking for co-ops, camps, and extra-curricular opportunities, Boise is FULL of them. I believe the CDA/Post Falls area has a fairly active homeschool community, but nothing like Boise. We're up in Sandpoint; there are lots of homeschoolers but not as many organized groups.

If you have any specific questions, please post again. I'd be glad to try to help.
Thank you for responding. I love the fact that Idaho is so homeschool friendly, especially since I see from many posts and other research that the public schools are not in great shape. I am not particularly looking for groups but areas where there are lots of children that are homeschooled who would be out playing that my grandchild would be able to be around much of the time. Where we are in Florida, it is not safe to allow him to have very much freedom and there are NO children in the area, so he is and has been pretty much alone for most of his young life and he is quite lonely. He does really well with younger children and older people. Many children his age just don't seem to "get" him. He is quite intelligent but hates "schoolwork". Here we pretty much "unschool", he learns what he wants, when he wants, even though there are some things thrown in when we are out and about that he does not realize.

We also at this time, need something fairly cheap as far as rental area. May have to go to an apartment but not our first choice as he can be quite loud. Would love a rural area that is a fairly short commute to the nearest Home Depot. Not really interested in high traffic areas as that would restrict his freedom, though somewhere that we could walk to some places of interest would not be bad as we area one car family.

Unfortunately, it appears at this moment that our move may be site unseen, so I am trying to gather as much information on various places as I can so we can hopefully make the best decision possible.

Thanks for any information anyone is willing to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho