Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:21 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I assume that you weren't living in Idaho when you would sneak to SC! That's cool though.
Yes, both beautiful and magical places and both way over populated ... especially S.C. county. Silicon Valley has invaded the ocean side of the mountains. They've been trickling in over the years but now it's just ridiculous. Freeway is bumper to bumper by 2:30 p.m. and the v.w.'s, et al are gone and now the county is swarming with tesla's, bmw's, etc.. and they've brought their agro / competitive / entitled attitudes and driven up housing costs and rentals are ridiculously expensive now and the county is bursting at the seams. Just too many people. Sigh. So i go back and forth when i can.
Right I lived in Los Altos then. I moved to Sacramento after that in 1965. And I had a 1965 VW years later in the mid 70's . Loved that little car. Funny I was hauling two goats home I bought . One had had her baby and the lady kept it and lady decided the other one was not going to kid. So off we go. I get half way home on the highway and the goat starts to have her baby in the back of that VW. Glad I had a tarp down. I did pull over to deliver the kid then came the rest of the way home. Fun times.

Left CA in 1986 for Idaho and so glad we did. It was the right thing for us to do. you are so right. Way too many people in CA now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:38 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Right I lived in Los Altos then. I moved to Sacramento after that in 1965. And I had a 1965 VW years later in the mid 70's . Loved that little car. Funny I was hauling two goats home I bought . One had had her baby and the lady kept it and lady decided the other one was not going to kid. So off we go. I get half way home on the highway and the goat starts to have her baby in the back of that VW. Glad I had a tarp down. I did pull over to deliver the kid then came the rest of the way home. Fun times.

Left CA in 1986 for Idaho and so glad we did. It was the right thing for us to do. you are so right. Way too many people in CA now.

But the spirit of California survives!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:

But the spirit of California survives!
Not sure after living in Idaho 31 years how much CA is left in me. CA was not my native state. I really had no native state because my adoptive father was in the Navy so I moved from coast to coast. I was ready to leave CA in 1970 but did not have funds to do so. I LOVE Idaho and so glad I have been privileged to live here. I lived on your side in Clayton and Challis for several years before moving over here to the banana belt. LOL

Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 AM

2,343 posts, read 1,739,941 times
Banana belt? Isn't it the potato belt? ;-)

Old 08-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
Banana belt? Isn't it the potato belt? ;-)
Mostly what grows up here is Alfalfa, other hays and Grain. Cattle.
I think most of the potatoes are grown in Oregon. Hahaha

Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 AM

LOTS of Cattle. The road I live on is the designated cattle drive rout through town to get to the mountain for summer pasture. This is only one load of them that go by. There is more.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/501856...in/dateposted/

Old 08-17-2017, 11:48 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Just a PSA from me :
I've heard that there are people making and selling faulty eclipse glasses. Very dangerous.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...k1.q3kVumPsTcc

Old 08-17-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Just a PSA from me :
I've heard that there are people making and selling faulty eclipse glasses. Very dangerous.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...k1.q3kVumPsTcc
OH no this is not good at all. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Yesterday, returned from Leadore (actually the Beaverhead Mtns east of Leadore) and when heading down Hwys 20/26 toward Blackfoot, the northbound traffic was bumper-to-bumper and mostly 5th wheels, large motorhomes and long trailers. Southbound lane was basically deserted.
I'm assuming a lot of people were headed to Challis, Stanley, and other points in the totality. Going to be a traffic mess wherever they end up.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Yesterday, returned from Leadore (actually the Beaverhead Mtns east of Leadore) and when heading down Hwys 20/26 toward Blackfoot, the northbound traffic was bumper-to-bumper and mostly 5th wheels, large motorhomes and long trailers. Southbound lane was basically deserted.
I'm assuming a lot of people were headed to Challis, Stanley, and other points in the totality. Going to be a traffic mess wherever they end up.
Considering other areas and I will say so far things are pretty quiet here in Midvale. echo7tango and his wife stopped by on their was. all is good with them too. Roads are open and running pretty clear. Shhhhhh do not tell any one. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho