Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:05 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I had numerous discussions with Mtn States Resident, both on and off this forum. Always interested in what others wrote, not afraid to disagree. She loved Alabama football, was very interested in the media and local development. She could be feisty at times (a good quality), and most importantly, very intelligent. RIP.
I did too, pnw.
In private, she let her sharp sense of humor fly, and was very funny at times.

We talked about meeting face to face a few times, but never got around to it. She mentioned to me a few months ago she was having some health problems, but never let on about their severity.

I'm going to miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 06:14 PM

332 posts, read 482,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I did too, pnw.

We talked about meeting face to face a few times, but never got around to it. She mentioned to me a few months ago she was having some health problems, but never let on about their severity.

I'm going to miss her.
I count myself as one of the lucky ones who was able to interact with her on here over PM. She had a very singular wit, and a vast intellect. She was also very thoughtful and contemplative.

Individuals like this are becoming more rare, and I agree she will be sorely missed.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I did too, pnw.

I'm going to miss her.
Same here. We emailed quite a bit last year, I knew she was having health problems but never this serious. Like you, Mike, we were going to meet up, but never did.
My she RIP.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
This is an endearing way to honor such a selfless person when it came time to sharing information about our area.

I came quite close to meeting her face to face, she had once dropped off an Al Stewart CD for me at work., it seems I missed her by a few minutes! She's one of many that was aware whether my husband was home for a holiday and ALWAYS offered to bring me a plate if he wasn't home.

She will be greatly missed RIP my freind

Old 01-17-2017, 08:50 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
I've been lucky to have known her through various forums and had the pleasure to chat with her about numerous subjects especially the growth of the area which intrigued and interested both of us very much.

It's weird to think I've known her for more than a decade but never met her in person but really do feel like I lost a friend.

Rest in piece, MSR, N2IF, OK4Now but more importantly, Annajill Hanny.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:07 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
deleted.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 01-17-2017 at 10:13 PM..

Old 01-18-2017, 04:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,118 times
Condolences to her family

Rest in peace

Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
Such a sad shame! She will definitely be missed!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:02 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Very sad news indeed. I'm in shock. Thanks for letting us know. I communicated with MSR once in a while, and she was always gracious. Remember she started a thread with kudos to posters who had made positive contributions? I think that speaks volumes about the kind of person she was.
I remember that thread well Clark, it was titled "Congratulations." MSR was giving credit and thanks to a variety of Idaho people posting on the forum. And I remember what I said as well---What a cool thread THIS ONE is!"

I'm very saddened by this news. She loved college football, particularly the Mountain West Conference. I first started exchanging DM's from her regarding the music sub forum. As well as Mannheim Steamroller, she loved
the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And regarding classic rock, it was the British progressive rock band Genesis that she talked about the most.

I knew that her health issues were somewhat severe but I didn't know what level they were. We never really talked a lot about her past. Looking at the link Volosong provided she was a huge talent. Talk about an individual who made a difference in peoples lives!

City Data has lost one of their most personable and most valuable members. Rip, MSR.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:53 PM

11,235 posts, read 11,015,248 times
This is such sad news. I just found this thread. Our last communication was in mid-November via email. We had never met, but we communicated through CD or email over a period of four or so years. We found our friendship through our love for the bands Rush and TSO. She was the driving force in my tribute to Rush thread For Rush Fans Only on the music forum.

I knew she had many painful medical issues but did not know how life threatening. She was such a kind, informative poster on CD, always eager to assist with information and spread her knowledge of music. We talked about meeting up to go to a Rush show, but that never materialized.

2016 has been a tough year, as I've lost two great friends on CD (Hunter Wold of New Mexico being the other). May you rest in eternal peace MSR. You will be greatly missed by the CD family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho