Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 05:22 AM

217 posts, read 1,002,842 times

Advertisements

I just clicked on The Idaho forum, and I can't believe what I'm reading. Why do so many states blame CA for everything in this country? I'ts insane!
I live in CA, born in Spokane WA, and I want to leave CA too. CA is priced out of insanity. I can't afford to buy a tent in this state. Ca people are being priced out of their own state due to the large influx of Asian people. I have stated that on a different forum state. I am not a bigot, or prejudiced; I am stating a fact. Why are we hated for trying to find a life we can afford. Oregon hates us, Nevada, Arizona etc. Please give us a break here. All we want is happiness and peace. We don't care who moves into CA. Check out the CA forum. We welcome all. I read people here giving very insightful info to newcomers to Ca. We are all Americans. Everyone has the right to live anywhere in this country they choose. That is what makes this country great. Freedom.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
Default why leave?

funny how those that are leaving CA. always state there right to move anywhere, and it is. but, what did you do before you wanted to leave to help the state?most people in the state are liberal or progressive, if it didnt work there why bring it elsewhere? why do you all blame somebody else for the states troubles? so many people leaving and so many illegals coming in, i guess some folks feel like they are being invaded the same as you do. asians buying all the homes you said? funny all the darn CA. are buying up all of "our" land, and so it goes. good luck on your move, just remember the reasons your coming here (where ever that is) and dont try change it. or why did you leave?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:50 PM

Default Mark

What you say makes no sense to me in the least. It seems that you are looking for a verbal fight. I will not humor you. Read your response again. Maybe several times, and have a good day!

Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 PM

313 posts, read 833,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
funny how those that are leaving CA. always state there right to move anywhere, and it is. but, what did you do before you wanted to leave to help the state?most people in the state are liberal or progressive, if it didnt work there why bring it elsewhere? why do you all blame somebody else for the states troubles? so many people leaving and so many illegals coming in, i guess some folks feel like they are being invaded the same as you do. asians buying all the homes you said? funny all the darn CA. are buying up all of "our" land, and so it goes. good luck on your move, just remember the reasons your coming here (where ever that is) and dont try change it. or why did you leave?
Beleive it or not, not everyone in Ca is liberal! The central valley here has usually always been more conservative. Don't assume that everyone coming in will be wanting to change things. We can't wait to get out of here because we can't stand the way that things are going. We have had a republican rep for awhile here in our area. We lost him in this last election tho to a Dem. It seems they redistricted our area and included part of the bay in our district which added a lot more Dems I'm sure. The bay area and SoCal are the main Dem areas and they seem to rule the state.
I am sorry that you feel that you are being over-run by those of us from Ca. Just 4-5 years ago (and since then really) we were saying the same thing about those from the Bay Area coming here to clog our streets up and buy up our cheap homes. We don't beleive in having other people raise our children so that means that we must live on one income. My hubby works for the county and we can't survive on his salary of less than 35K a year especially when our median home prices are 325K+! We shouldn't have to have both of us working just to be able to make it here!
Now we are saying that we are being over-run by illegals. Here in Stockton white people are the minority (no joke!!)! I know it is painful for you all to see all the people coming in but don't think for one minute that it is not painful for us to have to pack up and leave our families and all that we have ever known behind just so we can survive.
Can't wait to be in Idaho!!

Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
first to tami, welcome to Idaho, may it be all you want.
skitow i did misread your post also. but you did say you were bothered by asians buying land while you could not afford a tent. thats how some feel about the CA. invaders.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
first to tami, welcome to Idaho, may it be all you want.
skitow i did misread your post also. but you did say you were bothered by asians buying land while you could not afford a tent. thats how some feel about the CA. invaders.
Lets forget all the different colors and races that live in CA. I am pressing 60 years of life. I now wan't to get away from the masses of traffic and smog etc. I would like to buy a small home away from the masses of people. You tell me how can a single man,not rich, buy a home for 700,000 or 800,000 . Ain't gonna happen for most people in CA. I'm too old for house payments. My only option is to move to a different state where I can use what little equity I have to buy a home in cash. I would love to buy in CA. The weather is great. I can't stay here. I, like many people in CA, are being forced out because we can't afford to buy here. If you are looking for someone to get P.O. at, blame the REALTORS and BUILDERS. CA people aren't jacking up the prices, the sellers are. There is nothing I can say to make other states understand what the non-weathy people of CA are going through. So if you choose to be bitter about CA people, go right ahead. Nuff said.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 AM

171 posts, read 1,052,280 times
I am amazed at the "issues" some people in Idaho have with people from CA. We moved to Boise several years ago and built a very contemporary home. It is not the basic "box". We had more rude comments regarding California thrown at us, until we mentioned that we were from Colorado and that made it all better!?!??!? Come on, what it does matter, CO or CA? There is growth in the Treasure Valley, there will be growth in the Treasure Valley, and instead of *itching about the growth, make a difference in the only way you can by making sure it is smart growth. Boise, while it does have a good downtown and some great close in neighborhoods, the rest is turining into one giant suburbia!

Last edited by idahomama; 12-04-2006 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM

Default StampinTami and idahomama

I gotta' love you both.
Stay safe, and best to you and yours, skitow

Old 12-04-2006, 11:11 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Blaming Californians is just stupid. Theyre smart for wanting to leave that place, you should accept them with open arms. Theyre fellow countrymen for Petes sake! It shames me that some states would shut their doors to someone who wants in. Someone whod truly appreciate the area and give to the economy.

Skitow, youre welcome in Chicago with open arms anytime youd like to come. You dont need to be in a state where noone welcomes you or blames you for everything wrong. Heck, here home prices are astronomical too, but less than Cali. Food is great, the city is world class, the folks are friendly for the most part, the transportation system is the best, the quality of life is tops. I dont think youll be able to find ANY of those qualities in Idaho based on what Ive been reading. Hang in there.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM

17 posts, read 104,081 times
Don’t blame the Democrats, Republicans, Asians, Mexicans, or anyone for this. The main reason behind the problem in California is the Banking industry. In the last 5 years Banks have been giving these funny loans to just anyone who wanted to buy a home. This included cashiers at McDonalds, Wal-Mart, or the 99 cent store who were making $6 an hour to buy homes in the 500K to 700K range. Actually blame the local governments for their lack of regulations to protect the consumers. In any case, at the end of the day, you do what’s necessary to take care of yourself and your family. Let the locals cry. They don’t own Boise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho