Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM

656 posts, read 1,992,955 times

Advertisements

We moved from the Bay Area of California to Couer d' Alene 4 years ago. We left a year later and headed to the East Coast. Yes, Couer d' Alene is beautiful but we could not take the long gray days of Idaho and that winter that seemed to never end. I thought I could take less sun, but I really couldn't. It is wonderful in the summer ---- but there are 9 other months that you should do your research on as well --- I didn't and wish I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM

73 posts, read 250,952 times
Any buzz on waterfront annexation by CDA?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:22 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,187 times
You are making a great decision IMHO... I currently live just a bit down the 15 from you near Temecula. I will be living on property we bought a couple years back just south of CDA in the not too distant future. I have been wanting to do this for many years, but the rat race of Calif. has a way of keeping you here.
You will be able to earn less, and do more with what you earn there compared to Escondido no problem. People will speak English to you, heck you wont even find spanish on the radio dial up there!!!;-) People will wave and say Hi!, and are very nice for the most part.
Its like going back to America, and a free land. You will be shocked how much freedom we have lost in Calif. when yer back in a state that still allows freedom.
Whether its starting a business, building a house, or just getting a drivers licence, its all easier and cheaper.

Yeah the winter can be different, but hell here you trade cold for HEAT!! I operate better in cool climates so its not an issue for me. I think you will be fine and love the place, BUT get rid of those Cali. plates ASAP!!;-)

Old 07-10-2008, 03:27 PM

537 posts, read 1,323,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicoconnie123 View Post

What is the real estate like in the downtown area?
There is a big variety of real estate prices in the downtown area, I would say $150's-millions. Check out the CDA MLS and you can see what is available in your price range. There is anything from turn of the century homes, bungalows, lofts, apartments, condos, you name it.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
BUT get rid of those Cali. plates ASAP!!;-)
I have seen dozens of Cali plates lately, and let me tell you they are the rudest drivers I have ever come across.
So those of you coming here keep in mind that you should change your bad driving habits now. You know what a blinker is? Use it! Changing lanes legally, do it! Letting people in when they are waiting to get out, be curtious! That thing attached to your head and you can't pay any attention to the road, ditch it! Maybe you just won't get the finger here if you take my advice
Oh, and even if you do change your plates right away, most idahoans can still tell you aint from here. A souped up fancy SUV or Hummer is a dead giveaway.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
I have seen dozens of Cali plates lately, and let me tell you they are the rudest drivers I have ever come across.
So those of you coming here keep in mind that you should change your bad driving habits now. You know what a blinker is? Use it! Changing lanes legally, do it! Letting people in when they are waiting to get out, be curtious! That thing attached to your head and you can't pay any attention to the road, ditch it! Maybe you just won't get the finger here if you take my advice
Oh, and even if you do change your plates right away, most idahoans can still tell you aint from here. A souped up fancy SUV or Hummer is a dead giveaway.
I drive an old Diesel Chevy Burben, and am a very courtious driver
Might be one reason why I havent had any problems up there.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM

I am sure you will be a welcome addition then

Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,845,792 times
Back to the OP's question....maybe what service or business could be opened or purchased between CDA and SP...any ideas? I would love to see a Dairy Queen near Silverwood...does that count?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 PM

That is an old question but something I am sure still needs answered as that area has a lot of growing to do.
DQ lol...since A&W is no longer in business in Athol some type of fast food would do well up there.

There are some large sub divisions going in so I am sure there will be a greater need for conveniences. The closest grocery store is in Spirit Lake or Hayden. I had heard they were going to build one in Athol before but for some reason it never happend.

Maybe an outdoor supply store, camping goods etc.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:26 PM

7 posts, read 36,066 times
Default Places like CDA

I visited CDA years ago and what I see on this board is al ot of people don't like the long winters/lack of sun. That being said can anyone recommend a place thats is similiar to CDA with the views/lakes and trees that has more sunny days and similiar in cost of living etc. ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho