Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 PM

382 posts, read 1,034,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
Dear Bitemeufool - Is that a California Name?

I live outside Sandpoint and drive U. S. Route 95 to and from Coeur d'Alene frequently. It's a relatively desolate stretch with only a couple of small towns along the way. Towns like Algoma, Hayden, Cocolalla and Atho (that's an Idaho name with a lisp). Mostly forested areas. A very dark drive at night. Few lighted areas and several small or failed businesses along the way.

As you approach Coeur d'Alene you pass by a few businesses like manufactured home sales, decorative rock sales, gas stations and "Mom and Pop" stores of various descriptions. These are scattered rather than grouped and don't appear to being doing a great deal of business.

Hayden Lake (famous years ago as the bastian of "skinheads") is near Hayden and it does a brisk summer recreation business. And, so does Farragut State Park near Atho, which gets pretty good traffic year-round because it also features winter activities like ice skating, snowshoeing, ice fishing, etc.

Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint are both booming and I suspect the corridor will see development in the future. Right now, though, the area is pretty dead.

Hope that helps. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes!

Pimit2

Just so you know the Aryan Nations Compound was in Garwood not Hayden lake. And there is a difference! Just like Hayden And Hayden Lake are different towns with different city governments. Some people just gotta tell you they are from Hayden Lake not Hayden. LOL I guess Hayden would be more redneck because we don't have a country club.. LOL
Maybe you could start a repo business there are lot's of things to be reposessed around here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:45 PM

4 posts, read 20,582 times
Default Bend, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSM View Post
I visited CDA years ago and what I see on this board is al ot of people don't like the long winters/lack of sun. That being said can anyone recommend a place thats is similiar to CDA with the views/lakes and trees that has more sunny days and similiar in cost of living etc. ?

Bend has access to mountains, lakes, skiing, watersports, fishing, etc....but is warmer and sunnier than CDA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho