Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 10:33 AM

18 posts, read 24,287 times

Advertisements

Looking for recommendations for a credit union in the Post Falls/CdA area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 11:33 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I am using Idaho Central Credit Union, but just for basic banking stuff. I don't know how they are for mortgages or credit cards. They are offering a tremendously good rate on a one year CD, but only for IRAs ( I saw their poster in the lobby but unfortunately, I didn't qualify for it)

I am happy with Columbia Bank, which has really outstanding service, but that's a bank and not a credit union. Again, no mortgage, but I've done more than basic banking with them and they are on top of things and pleasant about it.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
I'm using STCU, (Spokane Teachers Credit Union), for my banking needs, (just checking and savings so far). The one I use is in Dalton Gardens on Government and Canfield, but they have branches all over the Rathdrum Prairie, (as well as in WA). I'm pretty happy with them and their service. Very friendly folk. Had them notarize a document the other day, (no charge for customers).

p.s. There's a branch in PF. You can see it from the freeway on the north side.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 11-29-2018, 09:34 AM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
I use Global CU. They are apart of the shared branching network so almost all CU's I can bank at.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 41,898 times
I'm not familiar with what all is available up north (I'm in Boise), but I know ICCU is up there. I have a checking account, auto loan, and credit card through them. They are all great. Credit card is much lower interest rate than other cards I've seen/used, and it's really easy to do cash advances to your checking account if you need to do that (right on the website, and it's instant; same interest rate as normal purchases).

The website and mobile apps are better than when I had US Bank. The fees are lower too (and no fees for "normal" use, I'm talking stuff like international fees you may need to use and overdraft fees, though they waived my overdraft when I made a mistake and called them about it.) Every branch I've been to has been nice and employees have been friendly. It's easy to live chat customer service on the website too (if you prefer that over phone calls, which I usually do).

I like that they are open until 6 PM on weekdays, and also open (with more limited hours) on Saturday. Most US Bank locations were weekdays only and closed at 5 PM, which was inconvenient (though US Bank had some locations in Albertsons with very good hours, including Sat/Sun). Also, they are in the co-op shared ATM network, so it will work at ATMs for a lot of other credit unions. They don't do shared branching though.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:00 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
We’ve had very good luck with Numerica.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,161,357 times
We've been with Potlatch No 1 FCU for years. We don't even live there anymore, but they are still our bank. Always been happy.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:02 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
You learn something new and different every day!
I'm a member of Idaho Central CU; I joined for a car loan that has since been paid off.

Idaho Central has been in SE Idaho for a very long time, mostly with offices in the Pocatello area, and more recently, has been aggressively expanding northward in to the Upper Valley, but I always presumed it was local to southern Idaho.

It's nice to know they have expanded all over the state!

It's also good to know they're offering good CD rates- I've been thinking of a few 1-year CDs, so I need to go check them out.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 PM

349 posts, read 1,039,964 times
Idaho Central Credit Union has good rates on their Visa card, we had 2 trucks financed with them out of Pocatello and they had the lowest APR, really good customer service.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:46 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
Idaho Central Credit Union has good rates on their Visa card, we had 2 trucks financed with them out of Pocatello and they had the lowest APR, really good customer service.
Yup. I got a good rate on my car loan and the service was excellent here too. It's a well-established CU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: