Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 AM

14 posts, read 34,574 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, My DH and I are thinking about buying in the Preston, Soda Springs to Montpelier areas.

I work in hot glass making beads with a torch and use propane as my primary fuel but could use others if I need to. Are most of the rural homes on natural gas? I plan on building a separate studio and having it plumbed in. Are there any other torchers out there?

Also I would like to do a lot trail riding on horseback..is that area trail riding friendly?

Lorraine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 PM

9 posts, read 36,829 times
Welcome!!!! we picked American Falls, not so very far away but you will LOVE the area. I love beading, and pottery so was looking for the same sort of lifestyle. My husband airbrushes among many other talents, and must have the gas line too. hope to hear about your wares soon, there are not to many of us (visibly)up here.. horses practically live in town here so have no fear!!

Old 12-24-2006, 01:38 PM

Thanks Jinx I am soo glad to hear that! I am a licensed nail tech..although I haven't worked at a salon in years and guess what? My forte' was airbrush nail art!! LOL... I still would like to teach airbrushing to new licensees.
We are not sure exactly where yet but DH is pretty set on Idaho because of the work he does...Geology and he travels and works in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado and New mexico. Where we are now is just too far away!
Have a terrific Holiday.
Lorraine

Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Default Re: Questions about southeastern idaho??

I used to live in Grace Idaho. All I can say is if you are not LDS DO NOT move to those areas. These are communities that are nearly all LDS and you will not be treated the way you think. Sad but true. We lived there 5 years and could not wait to leave.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 PM

8 posts, read 78,142 times
Yep...it's pretty mormom over here in SE Idaho but it's changing quickly...Lots of new people moving in and it's becoming more diverse. I have lived in McCammon (20 min south of Pocatello) for 2 years now and I am seeing more and more Californians and outsiders coming here. Nobody has been rude...everyone has been freindly so far. I have been to Grace once and agree...That place is weird...Stick to Pocatello, Lava, McCammon or Inkom...don't go farther out than that.... Just my opinion.... for SE Idaho No I'm not mormon either.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 AM

31 posts, read 95,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I used to live in Grace Idaho. All I can say is if you are not LDS DO NOT move to those areas. These are communities that are nearly all LDS and you will not be treated the way you think. Sad but true. We lived there 5 years and could not wait to leave.
Can I ask how you thought you would be treated there and how you actually were treated? The reason I'm asking is that I've been considering moving to SE Idaho.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM

Hi, my original post was almost 2 years ago. We were surprised when my DH got a job here in California. So no need to move.... yet.

All of the people I spoke with on the phone and in e-mails were very nice. I still get e-mails from a realtor I spoke with on properties for sale...LOL

if I had to move to Idaho I would move way north west. They have the water.
and Spokane is easily utilized in good weather. Jobs are harder to come by though.

Lorraine

Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,952 times
My husband just interviewed today March 2011 for a job is Soda Springs. I am from near Philadelphia way over here on the east coast. I do not follow any form of Christianity. Am I going to feel uncomfortable? Just how high is the percentage of mormons in this area of the state?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 AM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
L.D.S. membership is estimated at about 2/3rds for Soda Springs, higher most places further south in the SE corner of the state. Lava Hot Springs is estimated at about 50%.

How many are really active vs. casual or former members I can't say.

Comfort is going to depend some on your attitude / strategy. It works good, ok or not good for different people. You can read other threads if you want to hear various opinions on the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho