Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 AM

215 posts, read 789,065 times

Advertisements

Emmett is beautiful, the people are great and I love going up there and picking cherries and apples...when I retire I would love to have a place up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,417 times
Default Know Your Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea View Post
Hey there,
I am from Florida and I was considering moving to Emmett. I did check the city data info but it does not say anything about the people there. Are they friendly to new residents? I also heard alot of talk of racism in Idaho. Is that something to worry about?
Hi sweetea ,

Moving from Florida to Idaho would be a big life style change. Some say good and some say bad considering who you are as a person and your needs and wants. I have heard the racism remark about Idaho and many other states and I have also heard how other states are to liberal, etc. I'm 36 years old and grew up in Idaho and have seen alot of changes in the Boise area which is just a hop skip jump (20 min) from Emmett. Both cities have things that are similiar and very different. My friends and family consist of white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. and we all have our own opinions about what is great about this state and what could change.
Boise is the closest thing we got to an atmosphere of big city, but the friendliness of a littlier city.

My family and I save up our pennies for summer road trips to different states just to explore culture, etc. and to see what is out there. Each state is different and each town/city atmosphere is different even within the state. We love to talk about the differences and what it would be like to move. Sometimes we really like what we see and sometimes we rush to get out of the area. From doing this, we have learned how important it is to really think about our style of living of what we want and don't want for our family. My suggestion would be to do the same. Make a list of what you must have and what you can live without. From there, start researching. Take what you hear with a grain of salt and remember it is just one person's view. Idaho is a nice place to live. It is very diverse within the state just like other states. There is also a difference from the east coast to west in life styles and what it offers, etc. (climate, culture, ammenidties, type of work, etc.)

My family and friends who are white, black, hispanic, asian, native america, and from India seem to be happy here in general, but there is always dreams and hopes of making were you live a better place.

I don't know if any of this helps, but you will find people in Idaho (and other states) that will lovinging open their arms and welcome a new member to the family. You will also find the other. I just send them a smile and move on. From what I hear Florida is different than Idaho in may ways. If you are looking for something different than what you currently live in, than maybe Idaho is worth checking out, along with other states around us. Idaho is a great place to stop by and visit. If you like what you see, stay and enjoy. If you don't, chalk it up to an adventure and keep looking for the right place to call home. Best wishes to you and your family.

God Bless
A Friend From Idaho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho