U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM

39 posts, read 70,563 times

Advertisements

Idaho Falls as a "big city?" interesting concept. have they cracked the 75 k mark yet?

I think Poky is very livable but neither place will ever be a "big city" in the American use of that term, so no fears there. They are very, very small towns (be prepared to run into people you know everywhere), very quiet places and pretty religious overall. Makes for easy shopping, etc., on Sundays, anyway. I.F. is a bit closer to Yellowstone, while Poky is closer to the SLC airport/skiing, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 01:34 PM

634 posts, read 2,197,510 times
Default it's all relative anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokypoky View Post
Idaho Falls as a "big city?" interesting concept. have they cracked the 75 k mark yet?
Given that IF is now the largest or second largest area in Idaho, outside of Boise MSA, I think many here are calling IF a large city relative to what's around. It's not going to be as large as NY or CHI or LA, or maybe even Boise, but it's much larger than the average Idahoan community.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

Right, I am just saying that calling IF a "big city" is a stretch in any circumstance....just giving you a heads up that both are pretty small, so take that into account.

the medical setting is a tricky issue; PMC has been plagued by problems these last few years; in 2005, they were at first denied accredidation by JCAHO and then only received "conditional approval" after they corrected some serious concerns at the hospital. right now, as they have failed to receive a respectable bond rating, they have acknowledged that they cannot continue the expansion of the hospital begun several years ago. They are now seeking a "partner" (or owner!) to buy them out and help them get back into the red. some staff love PMC, some hate it. sure that is true anywhere. just FYI, there have been a lot of cutbacks due to the precarious financial situation. EIRMC would probably be a better place to work right now..........

Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM

Hi,

What are real estate prices like in I.F.? I will be moving from Sacramento and wanted to know how the real estate market compares.......

Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM

873 posts, read 1,508,912 times
You may want to tell me how explaining that I was from a big city (LA) was a "personal confrontation"? I'm quite confused.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 PM

73 posts, read 232,318 times
Now I'm lost, I didn't see that phrase used at all. Am I blind?

Anyway, the original poster of this thread has likely moved to Idaho already.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM

4,941 posts, read 16,947,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane kay View Post
Hi,

What are real estate prices like in I.F.? I will be moving from Sacramento and wanted to know how the real estate market compares.......
You will find the market in IF much more alluring if you're coming from Sac. Take a look around at some of the online realty links and you'll get a good idea.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Thanks, cleosmom............

Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM

873 posts, read 1,508,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane kay View Post
Hi,

I must be confused. You were from Oregon and then Pocatello and now Sacremento?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:23 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,144,014 times
Yeah...I must have missed something. Where do you live now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho