Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 05:12 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post

I can't even imagine being near the likes of a Jackson Wy, or a Glacier Park at this time let alone campsites around the West. I guess I'm nothing like most who thrive on the crowds and mayhem. Oh well as they say to each their own.
Jackson is a nightmare right now! My knee doctor is up there and I have two more injections in the next two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 07:32 PM

76 posts, read 145,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
We went down there for a few days for the first time to pick up our 1938 ChrisCraft from McCall Boat works.
They did an amazing job and I’m glad to have it home finally.
Such a small world... my husband and I went up to McCall for a mid-week break right before Memorial Day weekend. We were sitting in a sandwich shop on the main drag and admiring what was no doubt your boat parked out in front. I mean, it seems quite unlikely that another vintage Chris Craft would be there at that same time. If that was your boat, it is indeed a gorgeous vessel!

As others have noted, what you experienced in McCall during that spring weekday lull was nothing like the anarchy during weekends, especially summer weekends. My husband overhead one local telling another, "I've lived here all my life, and now I've got to get out. I can't take this anymore."

Old 07-01-2021, 09:29 PM

138 posts, read 266,104 times
As a resident just down the hill from McCall (New Meadows), just in the 2 yrs we've lived here has seen a dramatic increase in visitors, home development and overall cost of living. Our house has almost doubled in value in this time. While I am grateful we bought when we did, I would give up that home value increase in a heartbeat if I could. I feel worse for the long time locals that are being forced out because they can't afford to live here anymore.

As often happens in many budding resort towns, our workforce is severely depleted. Restaurants, and some other service industry business' are on the brink of collapse in some cases. The overnight explosion of people running away from the cities and panic buying (with Covid, the market, etc) has made the transition even worse than usual. McCall is a special place, but unfortunately it's quickly becoming like many other overcrowded resort towns.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:50 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
As a resident just down the hill from McCall (New Meadows), just in the 2 yrs we've lived here has seen a dramatic increase in visitors, home development and overall cost of living. Our house has almost doubled in value in this time. While I am grateful we bought when we did, I would give up that home value increase in a heartbeat if I could. I feel worse for the long time locals that are being forced out because they can't afford to live here anymore.

As often happens in many budding resort towns, our workforce is severely depleted. Restaurants, and some other service industry business' are on the brink of collapse in some cases. The overnight explosion of people running away from the cities and panic buying (with Covid, the market, etc) has made the transition even worse than usual. McCall is a special place, but unfortunately it's quickly becoming like many other overcrowded resort towns.
Same thing g is happening in northern Idaho…Bonner and Kootenai counties and in Spokane too.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:52 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonA View Post
Such a small world... my husband and I went up to McCall for a mid-week break right before Memorial Day weekend. We were sitting in a sandwich shop on the main drag and admiring what was no doubt your boat parked out in front. I mean, it seems quite unlikely that another vintage Chris Craft would be there at that same time. If that was your boat, it is indeed a gorgeous vessel!

As others have noted, what you experienced in McCall during that spring weekday lull was nothing like the anarchy during weekends, especially summer weekends. My husband overhead one local telling another, "I've lived here all my life, and now I've got to get out. I can't take this anymore."
There are a bunch of vintage boats there because of McCall Boat Works. They are well known in the old boat community and people bring boats there from all over.
Was the boat in the water near a sand volleyball court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho