Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 6,994,107 times

Advertisements

Thanks! I've been out of town...and my mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 01:52 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,426,953 times
Just to clarify, I dont consider myself prejudice against Hispanics at all. My sister in-law and mother of my 2 nieces is still working to get citizenship here. She works hard and learned the language, and wants to be an American.. That is NOT how many of the illegal aliens here feel. In fact if you changed the colors around and some of the words, groups like La Raza and Metcha would be considered NAZI-like hate groups.

BTW the pics were new, and Montebello High is right near where I grew up. This sort of thing is commonplace here now. I didnt have to go searching the net for these pics, they are on News sites all the time. I have also been in the middle of Hispanic demonstrations in Riverside where they basically just tried to shut everything down and cause trouble. To assume Im just some internet racist troll is pretty lame, but everyone is entitled to thier opinion, even if it is wrong.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 PM

108 posts, read 265,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
In fact if you changed the colors around and some of the words, groups like La Raza and Metcha would be considered NAZI-like hate groups.
Absolutely right. I was a student at San Diego State University back when prop 209 was on the ballot. Mecha was very much against it (big surprise) and rather than debate the issue civilly, they voiced their opposition by burning the american flag! On campus! Guess you've got to do something to break the monotony of verbally harassing border patrol agents at on campus job fairs.

Isn't "La Raza" spanish for "The Race?" Yeah, let some white folks form a racially exclusive group and call it "The Race." They would be labeled a Nazi hate group.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:05 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,796,961 times
Well, this falls into the "only whites can be racist" line of thinking. It gets really old. And my educated and moderate black and hispanic friends are never happy when they feel like their hard work and accomplishments are marginalized by someone "claiming to speak for them".

Old 07-05-2008, 08:08 PM
TMA

26 posts, read 107,574 times
Default Back to the original post...

[SIZE=3]I distinctly remember the Arian Nations as being much more visible than people here are talking about. They used to march in down-town Coeur d ’Alene and have their yearly gathering at the compound north of town. I also remember reading about the grief they caused their neighbors and the local Law Enforcement. Things pretty much died off after Butler died and the civil suit that for all intents and purposes broke them. After that, they seemed to fade away in North Idaho history.[/SIZE]

Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,426,953 times
TMA while you dig and scratch for evidence of Nazi activity in NID, take a look at whats happening today in Omaha Ne. Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports | Nazi Group To Protest Illegal Immigration In Omaha (http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?s=6991064 - broken link)
And as Ive said before WAR (White Aryan Resistance) Tom Metzgers group was started and continues in Fallbrook Calif (right between LA and San Diego) to this day.
I ALWAYS hear about N. Idaho and Nazi's but never anything about California, and any number of states where Nazi's are prevelant.
I can say I have seen Hate Group activity here in Southern California, but in the many times I have been to Idaho I have never seen or heard about it.

I think a couple of high profile cases like Ruby Ridge and the like have unfairly painted Idaho as Nazi central, but I just dont see it when Im there. Thats not to say it doesnt happen, if you take a look on the net you can find hate groups just about anyplace you decide to look.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
TMA

26 posts, read 107,574 times
It's not a matter of digging and scratching, I simple search will produce any asortment of news arcticles (not just rumors). Here are a couple that popped up. Coeur d'Alene worried about an Aryan revival | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) | Find Articles at BNET

The Seattle Times: Local News: Richard Butler, who led Aryan Nations, dies in Idaho at 86

Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 AM

95 posts, read 309,798 times
Mark Fuhrman retired in Sandpoint.

Last edited by RLangben; 07-15-2008 at 02:26 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 6,994,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLangben View Post
Mark Fuhrman retired in Sandpoint.

And perhaps so will I...what's your point?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:38 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,796,961 times
Mark Fuhrman lives about 1/2 mile from me. Nothing about that fact makes this area any more or less tolerant racially. In fact, Mark Furhman's big downfall (IMHO) was denying that he'd ever used the "N word", when it was normal for cops to use that term in the 1970's when racial tensions were escalating or even in the 1980's for cops who hadn't yet gotten past some deeply ingrained racial prejudices although they were changing with the times like all police departments. Not saying it makes it right, but I'm saying that I would challenge ANYONE raised in an environment of extreme racial tension is going to struggle with it, and cops are no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho