Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 05:08 PM

54 posts, read 79,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Some people scrap the old Mobile/Modular and use the existing utilities for their build. Might not do that unless it is really dated / priced low. Sometimes land may be more valuable than it currently "looks" because of the low value housing.

Bargain hunters may not reveal all tactics or productive spots.

If you have a friend operating successfully in this field, would some sort of partnering / friendly or paid assist be available?

On land subdividing prospects, why not check local records on last 20-100 approved land subdivisions and see if they have more? May not dupe but see what they are charging. If not them, maybe a neighbor with evidence that subdividing in area has been allowed.

I've been looking at mobile to do just that but most all are priced as if they had "real" houses on them. Will keep searching of course.

Doing what my friends do is unsavory to me. More so in a small community.

Local records is a great idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 05:21 PM

89 posts, read 47,454 times
You should probably also ask for peoples ideas on hunting spots, Elk camp locations and huckleberry patches.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:30 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Try your letters, see what happens. If any start a conversation, you have a chance to see if there is a mutually agreeable price. How much time & effort to put in such an approach is for you to determine, while running other approaches or before moving on to them.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:14 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ.Johnson View Post
.......I can also introduce you to 2 friends in RE (not land) that buy homes at "wholesale" pricing every month. Almost all via unsolicited letters and bandit signs (which I don't condone). For a while my 1 friend was buying a home almost every week sometimes 2............

And he was doing this in North Idaho? Well then, your problem is solved, Just have your friend find you a nice place for a bargain price.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:17 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzapoppin View Post
You should probably also ask for peoples ideas on hunting spots, Elk camp locations and huckleberry patches.

And don't forget to read the obituaries and swoop in whenever anyone dies.

Hellzapoppin is making a joke, just in case you are too citified to realize it. No one is ever going to tell a stranger where the good hunting spots are, or send you to their elk camp, or give you the secret location of their huckleberry patch.

Coming back to add: real estate just across the border in Washington is noticeably less expense and there are many more small acreages available on the market. It's very pretty in Washington, up around the Newport area or around some of the lakes.

Old 09-14-2022, 01:41 PM

54 posts, read 79,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzapoppin View Post

Funny but I'm not asking for anyone's secret honey hole but how to go about finding my own honey hole. So ya kinda of missed the target there work on your aim. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Try your letters, see what happens. If any start a conversation, you have a chance to see if there is a mutually agreeable price. How much time & effort to put in such an approach is for you to determine, while running other approaches or before moving on to them.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockiestoandes View Post
You might consider posting ads soliciting land on local billboards, like in the library, grocery store, recreation center, craigslist.
I know that letters send to the house sometimes might trigger alsmost a knee jerk reaction as it feels personal and causes suspicion, too many fraudulent emails and letters had been going around in the past.

One of the best ideas yet. I tend to have the same reaction to letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockiestoandes View Post
Well, may be the market value soon will be the half of what it's now...global economic crisis is just starting.

I think all the ruckus is about the defensiveness about property values, but soon the same folks might be praying someone would have any interest in their area at all and willing to put up even a half of that inflated price....never know.

There's might be some kind of reset ahead.
And yes, people pay way less than average market value when they buy on auction or by approaching locals, happens all the time, normal thing.

Funny the same folks bought it all on the cheap and now want to sell high to the bag holder.

50%? For that to happen it would take a crash bigger than 08 and it would still take years if history is a clue. Wish I had a crystal ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And he was doing this in North Idaho? Well then, your problem is solved, Just have your friend find you a nice place for a bargain price.

Not NID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And don't forget to read the obituaries and swoop in whenever anyone dies.

Hellzapoppin is making a joke, just in case you are too citified to realize it. No one is ever going to tell a stranger where the good hunting spots are, or send you to their elk camp, or give you the secret location of their huckleberry patch.

Coming back to add: real estate just across the border in Washington is noticeably less expense and there are many more small acreages available on the market. It's very pretty in Washington, up around the Newport area or around some of the lakes.

And no income tax. How are they for leaving you alone? I had read a comment that even in E. Washington that the regulations are over the top. Business, building permits, zoning regulated to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: