Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2006, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,744 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Idaho from Ca this summer. Anyone here know what is required by the Idaho DMV to transfer our vehicles and our drivers licneses etc? Also, will Idaho honor the Ca M1 motorcycle drivers license endorsement?

Thanks

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,786 times
Brian,

You might check out this site for your answers.
http://itd.idaho.gov/dmv/

I do know you will be pleasantly surprised about the lower cost of registering your vehicles.

Welcome To Idaho.

Chris

Old 05-14-2006, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 10,744 times
Default Thanks

Thanks Chris and where in Idaho are you, for how long and how are you liking it?

Brian

Old 05-14-2006, 10:02 AM

LOL You are talking to a moving person. Sigh We started out in Clayton which is between Stanley and Challis. Then we moved to Challis and back to Clayton then BACK to Challis. Then to Cambridge and then down to Weiser and BACK to Cambridge. This is our third place in Cambridge. Adds up to 10 moves in 20 years and my husband is making noises about moving again.

WE realy like Idaho. Moved from California, Newcastle, in 1986 and never looked back. Made a cannon ball run down there in February and could not get out of there fast enough. Literally spent a few hours there to load up a Bobcat and were headed out again.

We have looked all over Oregon,Montana,Wyoming and Idaho. Idaho seems to be it for us. Hubby is just a drifter. Eye Roll. You would think this would be the PERFECT place for him since his shop is larger than the house. LOL That might be an Idaho redneck joke. Hehehehe

Off to work.:^(((( I have to go bury a friend of mine. The bad part of working for the cemetery in a small town. Sad Sad Sad

Chris

Old 06-04-2006, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 9,632 times
Default Bedouin Genes?

Chris,
You sound like us - we think we have some Bedouin Genes in us, 'cause we keep moving, too. We, however, make the moves count! heheehehe
Born and raised in CA, we moved to NV after our marriage. 8 years later we tried CA again - that lasted 18 months. Then it was off to CO for another 8 year visit. Most recently we ended up in FL - promises made were never fulfilled, so we are heading back west. Boise/Meridian is our next stop.
Hubby went out to talk with 4 people about jobs, came home with 4 positive results and potential job offers. I've never moved with nowhere to settle and no secure job, but God knows what He's doing and we're following His lead!
We'll be there at the beginning of July.

Shari

Old 06-04-2006, 09:37 PM

Shari,

Good luck to you. It will work out if you work at it. We moved to Idaho with no jobs. We were semi retired. Since ,we have both worked but never needed the high paying jobs some need to survive. Mostly worked for something to do.

When we moved to Clayton we had a well pipe sticking out of the ground on almost 5 acres and nothing else. We built a house, my husband and a friend myself, in three months while living in a camper and his friend in a camp trailer. Bathing in a wash tub in the bushes by the river. Trying to avoid the nettles. We decided you know when you are hard up when it is more fun to go to a restaurant and use their bathroom with a solid toilet than to have someone else cooking for you. And HOT running water. AHHHHHHHHHHH. Good memories even if I peeled logs from morning to dark with a draw knife and generally had to be one of the guys through the building process. The morning we moved in it was 17 degrees and the next day my husband headed back to California to get the camper back to his folks and out of the cold country before the cold ruined it. Then we finished the inside of the house. A fun time was had by all. LOL

And Hahahah The last person from this board that said they would be here in Idaho at a certain time ended up buying one of the houses we used to live in . And if she is reading this Hi K & J !! Can't wait for you to get here. !! So Shari you never know what can happen and NO I am NOT an agent just was meant to be and it happened.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho