Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:56 AM

17 posts, read 72,393 times

Advertisements

moving part time to bonners ferry area from san diego any advice or info????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 06:50 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
When we moved from San Diego to Kalispell over ten years ago we went through B.F.
We had two rigs loaded up with all our stuff. We got flipped off a few times while in Bonner's ferry. We are safe and lawful drivers and I think it was our California license plates that caused the gestures. This only happened to us in Bonner's Ferry and when we spent the night in a motel there the guy at the check in desk had to make a comment about an old milk crate that was on the roof rack of one of our rigs. He said
"Don't let the local police or sheriff see that crate, you'll get busted for having that" !
I was born in Ca. but I've lived in nine other states and have only felt unwelcome that one time while passing through Bonner's Ferry.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,662 times
My wife and I visited BF last summer. Stayed there for a whole week at the Kootenai River Inn and never had a single problem with our California plates. We drove all over northern ID for that week, and found everyone to be extremely helpful and courteous. In fact the waitress at the KRI restaraunt was from Huntington Beach Ca and she said she loved it up there.

Here's a link to my post with picture links from our trip

//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...ml#post1209314

Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Cool moyie springs

moving part time to moyie springs. its quiet, clean and away from the tourists in sandpoint. we are from california but felt at home with no problems in the area. looking forward to making new friends in the boundary county area. a little far to shop but could not be as bad as driving to shopping here in ca. any info on this?????

Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Skeeter...can I ask what has drawn you to Bonner's Ferry? I am looking at NID for retirement and have found quite a few nice properties in that area and also Moyie Springs. I love Sandpoint best but it may be too pricey for me...don;t know yet. Just wondering why Bonner's Ferry interests you.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:39 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Moyie has some gorgeous areas. Even prettier than some areas around Sandpoint. And because it's not adjacent to this resort area, it is much cheaper for land. Before choosing our place in Sagle, we almost bought up in Naples. But you will have to come to Sandpoint/Ponderay for any major shopping (Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc). BF people seem more "closed" to me...less friendly to outsiders...but maybe that's just because I'm a Sandpointian. BF has a large Mennonite contingent too...good folks.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Thanks, Sage! Very "sage" advice! Ha!. I am only 178 days from retirement now, and when my home here in AZ sells I will be heading north. I am planning a scouting expedition in September to see the smallers towns in person and try to figure out what and where will work best for me. Right now I am feeling a little unnerved by the whole moving thing...so I really want to be certain I choose the best area for my own needs. Thanks to the internet, shopping is not a huge thing for me aside from groceries...that might be good or bad. Time will tell

Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
I hate moving also ! It gets tougher the older ya get and the more junk ya hoard !
Oh I noticed that you are moving "part time" does that mean seasonally or just for a while and then moving on ? I move about every ten years or so whether I need to or not.
There is too much of our country I haven't seen yet ! I like to stay long enough to really explore and enjoy, but those rambling feet of mine just get the better of me about every ten or so years. I have a feeling that once you move to Idaho you'll never go anywhere else, (except Montana of coarse !)

Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Cool esselcue

We had been to area many years ago with kids. kids are grown. we signed for house today in Moyie Springs. Beautiful place. gET BACK ESSELCUE

Old 07-21-2008, 03:20 PM

210 posts, read 946,700 times
Congrats on moving to Moyie skeetergirl, when you get there, look around for a good piece of land for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho