Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,679 times

Advertisements

I am a current resident of Anniston Alabama. But at the wishes of my parents, we are soon to be residents of Idaho.

I am moving my family which includes my boyfriend, mother, father, great aunt and great uncle to Idaho. I was born in Wallace, but moved away at the age of 2 so I have no memory of Idaho at all. My parents want to return to their roots, so Idaho...here we come!

My questions are these...

We have pets and will be searching for a rental that will allow pets. Will this be possible?

I have been seaching through the area newspapers for jobs, and the job market seems to be great in the surrounding area. But it seems Spokane Washington has the most jobs. Is commuting...even with the price of gas...a option?

Is the attitude in Idaho as live and let live as it really seems? I am not a Southerner but rather a transplant. One thing about the south that drives me crazy is the attitude. Raised in California...we truly have a live and let live attitude and I am hoping to find it in Idaho as well.

You truly do have a beautiful state.

Thanks for any advice you can give a transplant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 PM

134 posts, read 603,804 times
Communiting is always an option as Idaho is a "Right to works to low wages" state.

There are rental properties that allow pets there are links to som of the rental property management companies at North Idaho Real Estate Links (http://www.northidahorealestatelinks.com/Kootenai_County.htm - broken link)
I think the attitude is live and let live There are a lot of really nice people that live here. People talk to each other in grocery stores, etc.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:16 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,667 times
I always thought southerners were known for their hospitality? Or so I have experienced. The attitude in Northern Idaho is live and let live, but as I see it, not in a good way. It is more like ignoring eachother.

You should have no problem finding a rental that allows pets, but would probably have to put down a deposit. Check Craigslist.org

The pay in Spokane is usually better, depending on what field of work you are in. Since you will be in Post Falls the commute would'nt be too bad. Hope you have a smooth move!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 11,679 times
When I moved to Alabama, I thought the Southern hospitality would be a welcome change. Rather I experience the opposite. Of course if you are from here, I'm sure it's different.

Thank you for your help!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM

560 posts, read 849,283 times
My husband and I moved to Post Falls from Spokane six years ago because we wanted a smaller town environment, and haven't ever regretted it. It's grown quite a bit over the last few years, but we still really enjoy living here. I work in Spokane Valley (east of the City of Spokane itself) and drive 13 miles each way Mon-Fri. It's a straight shot on I-90 and I'm lucky enough to need to exit before the traffic really starts to bunch up. The commute's not bad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho