Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 176,004 times

Advertisements

So any locals out there want to comment on this "rumor" about california hatered? I wondered if there were any specific traits that were the least liked by Idahoians? For example the disrespectful driving, the disrespect for nature, or the disrespect for...
Thanks.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM

241 posts, read 995,832 times
There is another thread on the Idaho forum that goes into detail about what Idahoans think about CA ppl. There is also one that has since been closed about the same subject.

Every differs on their feelings towards Californians and each of us CA ppls have had different experiences, and they are all talked about in great detail on the other threads.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:56 AM

7 posts, read 23,787 times
Ok, so i'm from Calif and will soon be moveing to Idaho. Why am i leaving? well i refuse to convert to spanish. unless you have lived in Ca, you could not possibaly understand whats really going on here. Slowley but surley Calif is converting to hispanic customs. Our schools are over crowded, Hospitals are closing down because they cant afford to keep treating those who cant afford the medical care. every where i go, i hear more Spanish around me then English. I have nothing against those that want a better life, however when i am expected to convert to there way to survive here anymore, or when it starts to be a requirment to speak Spanish to get a job, then that is and is the breaking point for me. To afford a home here in Ca anymore, you need an income of at least 150,000 a year. Those of us that are leaving Ca to Idaho or any other State is because Ca is broken and over run. I have many Hispanic friends and i can get along with any one from any culture. I have lived in the s. Pacific for many years and always made the effort to assimulate to there customs. But how many of you no the real truth but will not admit it. I want a better inviroment for my familey and a life. When the American flag is hung upside down and the mexican flag is above it then Thats an insult to every american that has shed blood for this country and our flag. I will move to Idaho with a positive attitude and will smile all day and if i see you broke down on the side of the road, I will stop and assist you in any way i can. I asure you that those that are moveing into your neighborhood for the most part feel as i do only because they have lived the nightmare as i have. As long as you don't let happen to your state what has happened in Ca, then for the most you will find that they also just want to get away from Ca and will be good people and will respect your inviroment as i will.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,796,238 times
People look at what you bring with you in attitude. We brought a family of kids playing sports and a business with funds that will be spent locally and providing some local job opportunities. We have so far had nothing but welcome from people we've met here so far, and we're just newcomers.

Move to Idaho and try to turn it into Irvine or Sunnyvale, you'll have a real problem. Complain about the slow pace, the lack of a convenient Starbucks, the lack of tidy paved roads, etc, and people will wonder why you bothered to move here. Bring a "keeping up with the Joneses" attitude or treat people like they're country bumpkins, or move to an open range area and start fencing off everything to keep your neighbors from riding horses across your land, or grind people for services when they're trying to make an honest living, and you'll be surprised how fast you find people forming a negative opinion of you.

If you do what we did, and after investigating your options decide to move to Idaho because you LOVE IDAHO, you'll fit in perfectly. Just be ready to (like in any new place or town) to be somewhat of an outsider until people get to know you and trust you.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:13 AM

39 posts, read 237,464 times
Default California

Ironmonkey........

Prepare to go back in time 20 years in many ways.

TopGun-

Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 AM

318 posts, read 1,313,360 times
Topgun,

Why 20 years...is Idaho behind the times or just rural and laid back?

Izzy

Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM

241 posts, read 995,832 times
Izzy..in some places it seems that way but ID is not really bahind at all. Esp in the Boise, IF and Poky areas.

Here is Buhl we are a lil behind when it comes to tech stuff but that doesn't bother most. This lil town is very laid back and is a huge dairy community. Most of the lil towns are laid back and the older folks don't want to be up to date, like me! I prefer the slow pace of cities that are "behind" the times!

Old 01-18-2007, 01:43 PM

919 posts, read 1,901,375 times
Idaho is 20yrs backwards? good, I wish it was 40yrs. with less people too. Its not what it was 20 yrs ago and I wouldnt want it tobe ahead like some other states, (CA). Hey sage my brother lives down the rd in sagle, just ask him about some of the folks from ca. that moved in, what a pain. not that all are that way I know.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 PM

26 posts, read 176,004 times
Mark What attributes do californians have that you feel are pains? I am from california, and wondered if there are similarities to what you think makes some californians a pain and what I think make some californians a pain. And iron monkey is right on the money of what the golden state is like.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

39 posts, read 237,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Topgun,

Why 20 years...is Idaho behind the times or just rural and laid back?

Izzy
YES and YES
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho