Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:13 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,687,426 times

Advertisements

I can't believe it. I hadn't been downtown in a while...overdue library books and forgetfulness kept me on the lam so when I finally got them back (with a well-deserved lecture and a not so bad fine) I felt free to roam the area uphill a bit from the library. Wow. It was actually very pretty and decorated for the holidays.
We have a new restaurant called the Priest River Inn with a nice atmosphere and pretty decent Italian food. A new and tasteful framing and gift store (got my husband's gift there: a framed and matted collage of vintage Priest River photographs) and an incredibly beautiful restored building that houses "Seven Planet", a "green" store that sells items in 7 groups that come from artists/artisans from within 70 miles of the store. And it's a coffee house too. Gorgeous inside.
The old Beardmore building is being completely remodeled in a kind of Art Deco theme and the most incredible discovery of all:
Priest River has a WINE BAR opening. Priest River? Wine Bar? I never thought I'd see the day. I'm going to have to start dressing better I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 AM

5,322 posts, read 18,197,696 times
What a nice surprise for you huh? See, you need to visit the library more often to keep up with things....... or just go straight to the wine bar

Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 AM

Yeah. I will be patronizing that wine bar. Got to support local merchants!
Please don't let it specialize in huckleberry wine. Nasty stuff.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,370,588 times
Talking Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
What a nice surprise for you huh? See, you need to visit the library more often to keep up with things....... or just go straight to the wine bar
You are funny, cleosmom! I couldn't give you a rep point, but wanted you to know I laughed and laughed at your comment.

It is probably so funny to me because I rarely make it off my beaten path of driving to and from whatever. We all could probably learn about so many new things if we took the time mistyriverranch did to look around at what has changed on foot, not driving at 40-50 mph.

MSR

Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 PM

5,322 posts, read 18,197,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
You are funny, cleosmom! I couldn't give you a rep point, but wanted you to know I laughed and laughed at your comment.

It is probably so funny to me because I rarely make it off my beaten path of driving to and from whatever. We all could probably learn about so many new things if we took the time mistyriverranch did to look around at what has changed on foot, not driving at 40-50 mph.

MSR
Well, that on foot stuff for me will have to take place at a warmer date. Woke up this morning to -11

Mistyriverranch, believe it or not Idaho Falls has had a wine bar for the longest time.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,370,588 times
Cool I Second What Cleosmom Wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Well, that on foot stuff for me will have to take place at a warmer date. Woke up this morning to -11

Mistyriverranch, believe it or not Idaho Falls has had a wine bar for the longest time.
Yah, I know the temperatures. Unreal. Jackson was what - about -18 or so when I looked. Well, maybe it could be an enclosed coach like used in YNP would work. I don't know the name of those snowcat/enclosed type cabs. Just something warm and different that gets us to literally look around and see everything new we haven't had a chance to see before, with someone else driving, of course. I'm always amazed how many changes or new buildings started etc. when I finally have the time to look.

Yes, mistyriverranch, Idaho Falls has a couple of wine bars that have been open for at least 5-7 years, if not longer. I don't know for sure which one Cleosmom was referencing VR or the one by the river. They are popular. I think Vinno Rossi had to move to a larger location, if I remember correctly, due to how popular it is. It may be I'm getting that one confused with another today.

Anyway, I still think it is great you got to check out some of the new things in Priest River. I know the Panhandle has grown at record rates (buildings, new resorts etc.). It is nice when one actually gets to see what is in their own area instead of only hearing about it.

MSR

Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM

39,792 posts, read 26,275,683 times
So long as they don't get a Starbuck's things are good!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM

77 posts, read 405,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So long as they don't get a Starbuck's things are good!
With how things are going for them, I would guess it will be awhile before they expand, they need to survive first. But wine bar.... I may have to consider moving a little east in my search. Colville does not have that.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,362 times
Default Guess what else is downtown!

Don't just dress up for downtown, pack your yoga clothes for the new classes held above 7 Planets or your PJs and get a massage in the same office!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 AM

Oh cool! I'll have to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho