Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:59 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,809,572 times

Advertisements

Here in the Sandpoint/Sagle area, we have some subdivisions, but thankfully since the minimum sub lot size is 5 acres, the area never really goes MORE high density...just above us is a 15 lot sub, but it's on 75 acres, and it only adds 15 new families to our area...no big deal. And the good thing is that the developer is paving the main road into this area, which will further limit the dust on our cars as we drive to/from our place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 AM

9 posts, read 39,176 times
Thanks for some of your comments. Was curious to hear from those in the Spirit Lake area about the statistics on crime rates in the area....especially the number of registered sex offenders in that area. Would it be a safe place to raise an 11 year old daughter? Are there many horse people in the area?
Are people friendly and welcoming or do they tend to be stand-offish or not let in new-comers very easily?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 AM

380 posts, read 1,029,195 times
Yes it's red neck up there I always see horses and people on 4 wheelers riding thru town. That is what makes it sweet to live there. If your a horse person I can't see anyone giving you a hard time. It's really all about how you represent yourself to other people. There is probly more people from other places around here than locals now. If the winter driving was better I would live out there! Not sure about the sex offenders up there. That's the dirty little secret about here. We end up getting the guys from Washington over here in Idaho. I have three kids and never had a problem with anyone here trying to do anything. It's just a matter of keeping an eye on what's going on around you. Remember Spirit Lake is a very small town and everyone usually knows everyone there. My buddy has lived out there for the last 16 years and I always enjoy going to his place.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:39 PM

537 posts, read 1,319,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
Yes it's red neck up there I always see horses and people on 4 wheelers riding thru town. That is what makes it sweet to live there. If your a horse person I can't see anyone giving you a hard time. It's really all about how you represent yourself to other people. There is probly more people from other places around here than locals now. If the winter driving was better I would live out there! Not sure about the sex offenders up there. That's the dirty little secret about here. We end up getting the guys from Washington over here in Idaho. I have three kids and never had a problem with anyone here trying to do anything. It's just a matter of keeping an eye on what's going on around you. Remember Spirit Lake is a very small town and everyone usually knows everyone there.
Red neck?
Horses riding through town? How come I have'nt seen any? Maybe outside of town, like Spirit Lake East or towards Blanchard.

It is actually growing a lot. They just put in a new bank and are soon to start on the new NAPA. City Hall has all the details, many new things coming.
I don't agree at all about everyone knowing everyone. People come here from Athol, Blanchard, tourists, etc. I would say though that the friendliest folks here are the police men lol.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,705,220 times
If you're worried about sex offenders, you can google idaho sex offender registry and check by zip code. It's pretty easy to find.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 AM

9 posts, read 39,176 times
I actually did and there are 16 registered sex offenders in Spirit Lake!

Yes we are horse people. We are just looking for somewhere where people are friendly and accepting....a slower paced life.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 AM

380 posts, read 1,029,195 times
I will take a pic when I go out to his place if I catch anyone riding around. Great area and you don't have to live in Spirit Lake there are lots of places to live out there that are close to town but also private. And between there and Athol there is a lot of space. Athol would also be a slow paced place. But they are missing a grocery store like the one they have in Spirit Lake. Have you thought about Rathdrum?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,001,694 times
I have thought about ALL of NID . I will definitely check out Rathdrum and Athol while I am there...isn't there a large amusement park near Athol?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,430,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I have thought about ALL of NID . I will definitely check out Rathdrum and Athol while I am there...isn't there a large amusement park near Athol?
Yes there is Silverwood.. Its a pretty neat place too. Silverwood Theme Park

Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,809,572 times
Silverwood is a WONDERFUL place...we (and many of our friends) take our kids there to the water park several times every summer. Awesome family entertainment, although it's getting pricey (I think they're trying to pay for the wazoo new roller coaster). Take a water park like Raging Waters, remove the gang bangers and (most of) the thieves, and you get Silverwood. Not that nothing ever gets stolen, but we've left all sorts of stuff laying around with no problems, although we hear of the rare petty theft that happens, we've never had it happen to anyone we know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho