Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM

278 posts, read 1,138,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lminx View Post
Stay in California. Don't Californicate Idaho. You won't like it. Yes, you will have to shovel snow. This so called boom in Idaho is just another way of ruining a great state. Look at what CA has done to Las Vegas, Mesquite and ST. George. Working people can't afford to live there, much less buy a home.

Come visit, spend your money and then go back to CA.
expect a lot of this kind of treatment as it is the way a lot feel they blame calif for all there bad politicians dealings , cost of living going up same with housing cost and taking jobs from Idahoans. Also some of the reasons I left Idaho never to return

Here are my thoughts on what you asked

Winter weather can be below the teens at night with ice covered roads. a lot of people run studded tiers some do not I for one did in Boise (Lived there) were it is a bit more mild then Twin Falls.9 worked all times of the year here and also did delivery of goods there so drove the area a lot in all kinds of weather) most do not use any thing other for driving if your from southern cal be ready for a big change as things are all on a small scale big time there. Also with small town living comes few jobs and lower pay.
Main religion is Mormon. Twin is Conservative and for the most part all white with a small mix in of Hispanics, and others but not many blacks at all .How is the health care? Well I had to go to calif to get mine taken care of. This was living in Boise at the time were most major medical for the south of the state is. What I had was not a run of the mill normal and no one could label it yet after two visits at Stanford calif med center they had it pegged. I have a form of arthritis called stills or A.O.S. for weather. Winters will be cold for you coming from southern cal. summers will be kind of hot if you’re close to the coast now. Many days over 100 are normal. Does weather search fact all you wanting to know can be found that way with no biased thought in it. Look up normal and average rain and snow falls temps ECT. I will end saying lived in Idaho for ten years and moved out and never will return not for the weather or land but for things done to me by people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 PM

10 posts, read 52,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies View Post
You really do need to try before you buy, if your post above is any indication of your preparedness.

Magpies
My post above was merely exploratory. It is part of my preparation to exit California. Go check out the Montana, Nevada, Colorado, South Dakota, and Minnesota boards and you will see the same post with a few minor changes. Also, I invite you to come over to my house and help me thumb through the many relocation packages I have received from said states. Furthermore, you should bring a caculator to help you tally up the thousands of miles I have accumulated these past two summers/winters visting said areas, speaking with agents, and locals, experiencing the elements. After you tally the miles you can come along while I meet with my financial advisor and get a recap of what he has been telling me for two years..."you are set even if you work at a Home Depot for the rest of your days..." I am extremely prepared, more than prepared, and better than prepared. Please don't judge one's "preparedness" on a single post.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:32 AM

278 posts, read 1,138,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2ID View Post
Altaina: Thanks for the answers. So far, without visting, Twin seems like an ideal place to live. I just hope it's not to "farmy" for my tastes. All the pictures seem to suggest Modesto, CA. or Fresno, CA. of which there's not much scenery just open spaces squared off in parcels for farming...
Having been to and spent time in Twin Falls, Fresno and Modesto I can tell you there about the same in looks. Mountains off a ways but not right up close also Fresno and Modesto are way bigger and have all the good and bad of bigger too. It is an easier drive to get out of town from Twin Falls then the others. If you liked big city life that is not some thing you will find at all in Idaho. Yes you can find most every thing in Idaho you can in a big city just on a lot smaller scale, shorter hours, and a lot longer drive to enjoy. Most big city enjoyment is in Boise .Now if you’re into out door activities like hunting, fishing, and skiing things of that sort then it is better. The comment of "to farmy for me" makes me believe you would not be happy even in Boise. Boise, Modesto, and Fresno have a lot more to offer then twin falls in city amenities.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:37 PM

21 posts, read 55,873 times
Stay in California, to many neo ***** up here in Idaho ! I have to constantly scrape the snow swastikas off my lawn with a garden rake before work! Not to mention we dont heve enough illegal aliens to do the work we wont do up here! You should see this place...with so many white people (evil racists they are) unwilling to do the work that only ILLEGAL ALIENS will do this place has become almost un-livable. The lawns are all overgrown, the toilets dont work, all the fast food joints are closed down...its bad! Except for Nampa, thats where you should move if you come up here! It will feel just like HOME! A good cross section of hispanic gangs, crime, drugs and mariachi! VIVA!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:58 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,906 times
Wolf, I have to think you are either joking or just bored. Why are you so angry? Do you like living in Idaho?

Izzy

Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM

313 posts, read 833,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WOLF View Post
Stay in California, to many neo ***** up here in Idaho ! I have to constantly scrape the snow swastikas off my lawn with a garden rake before work! Not to mention we dont heve enough illegal aliens to do the work we wont do up here! You should see this place...with so many white people (evil racists they are) unwilling to do the work that only ILLEGAL ALIENS will do this place has become almost un-livable. The lawns are all overgrown, the toilets dont work, all the fast food joints are closed down...its bad! Except for Nampa, thats where you should move if you come up here! It will feel just like HOME! A good cross section of hispanic gangs, crime, drugs and mariachi! VIVA!
Completely different than his other posts, so I am guessing that he is joking?

Old 09-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re:

No, I hate living here.....thats why I live here? A. Obviously it was a joke
B. I love living in Idaho. C. I am not angry, just disappointed in the general ignorance of modern society (I.E people running away from California looking for a better way of life, all the while promoting the very things that made california a dump in our state).

Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,906 times
Hi wolf,

Calif is not a dump. It is a great place to live. We just cannot afford to retire here. I'm not running away. I'm making a financial decision based on facts. I will bring my accepting attitude of other cultures and people from different places. Life is too short to judge people by grouping them. If I judge all ID residents by your views...it would not look like a very nice place to live. I think most folks are good, decent, people. Who want to welcome their neighbors and be a good neighbor.

Izzy

Old 09-21-2006, 12:31 AM

Yea your right. If I was you I would move to Nampa. Its FULL of the multiculturism you desire. You do not know ANYTHING about me....you think im a racist, etc. etc. (I know your kind) because of my stand on ILLEGALS. Well, Im not. Im just a guy who served his country for 8 years and thinks it is better off without third world immigrants. That is all. But I am so glad you still prove my point I have said all along.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WOLF View Post
Yea your right. If I was you I would move to Nampa. Its FULL of the multiculturism you desire. You do not know ANYTHING about me....you think im a racist, etc. etc. (I know your kind) because of my stand on ILLEGALS. Well, Im not. Im just a guy who served his country for 8 years and thinks it is better off without third world immigrants. That is all. But I am so glad you still prove my point I have said all along.
Just to add a little food for thought: Illegal immigration is nothing new, many people have convenoently ben looking the other way for years when they have been able to benefit from illegals. I had a friend in high school who had an uncle in AZ, every year illegals would come to AZ to harvest oranges for pennies an hour, that was 40 years ago. To believe these politicians talking as if they'll solve the problem quickly is just not realistic, it's typical pandering for votes over a hot button issue.

Everyone's so concerned with the US/Mexico border. With regard to homeland security I'd be MUCH more concerned with the US/Canada border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho