Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM

858 posts, read 1,500,966 times

Advertisements

I am sure it is good....

The fiancee and I are considering a move to Coeur D'alene and I want to ask you guys here how the fishing is?? I grew up fishing for salmon and steelhead on the columbia in Oregon and miss it like crazy.

Is there a lot of good trout lakes/streams?

Is there any Salmon/Steelhead runs?

Any input is appreciated!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,174 times
Hello Xplorer,

Salmon and steelhead make their way up the Columbia River system and enter (in Idaho) the Snake River, then the Salmon River system and the Clearwater River. Idahoans fish for these ocean-run species in these rivers and many tributaries.

Generally speaking, the Spring steelhead season runs from January 1 through April 30. The Fall steelhead season is from July 1 through December 31. The salmon fishing seasons vary according to anticipated and real fish counts. To get a better idea, go to: Idaho Fish and Game - Fishing for more information.

Hope that helps. Tight lines!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 10-29-2008, 09:05 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
I havent had much of a chance to really do any serious fishing up there yet. BUT I have a couple spots just minutes away from my property that look like prime bass land. These are from the south end of lake CDA, and the green grass looking stuff is wild rice growing on the lake.

Cant wait to get to know the hot spots, and get into some good river fishing too!
Attached Thumbnails
How's the fishing???-acdafishinspot.jpg   How's the fishing???-acdafishinspot1.jpg  

Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
Oh Trace..
I might have to bring some worms and invite myself

Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 PM

858 posts, read 1,500,966 times
Awesome.. Thanks for the replies guys!

This next summer the fiancee and I will be on a 3 month road trip. We plan on being in Idaho for a couple checking out different areas.. Can't wait!!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
In the entry foyer at Black Sheep Sports (think something the size of REI, but mostly all guns, fishing, archery), they have it plastered with photos of people's catches....HUGE fish out there in Lake CDA and Pend Oreille....HUGE....

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,174 times
Hey Xplorer,

Now, you're talking. Bring your rods, reels and stuff!

For information about the lakes and reservoirs with record-size fish, and the Blue Ribbon trout streams, see YOUR BEST IDAHO INFORMATION SOURCE, THE IDAHO INSIDER and other Idaho websites on fishing in the Gem State.

If Idaho had a middle name, it would be "Fishing"!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 10-29-2008, 11:54 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Oh Trace..
I might have to bring some worms and invite myself
Anytime DR!!

Xplorer, check out this site it has a video showing some huge trout being caught on the big "Pond" up by Sage.. The choices for fishing in N. Idaho are endless, and its all GOOD! Your gonna love it I think.

Fish With Diamond Charters

Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Exclamation Fins and Feathers

I know "sage of sagle" said go to Black Sheep and see the pictures but Fins and Feathers is a lot better store on both merchandise and blows Black Sheep away on knowledge of the area.

If you are looking for Bass fishing you can go to almost any of the lakes, especially in the summer, and the Small mouth will keep you busy all day long. Coeur d'Alene is the lake we fished primarily for bass, pike, crappie and chinook salmon. If you are new to the area and want to get into the fish I highly highly recommend the guide service out of Fins and Feathers (208) 667-9304 www.fins1.com They don't update there site all that often but they do it enough to keep you updated and a simple call can get you everything you need.

I am pretty knowledgable about where to go fishing and when in North Idaho so if you have questions post them and I will try to answer or just give Fins a call. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Oh, I certainly wasn't saying that was the only (or best) place to go...it's just a place I knew that had some crazy pics in the entry area...since I don't fish, it doesn't mean as much to me I suppose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho