Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times

Advertisements

Thanks Clark Fork Fantast and jadbad2004 for your comments. It all sounds so wonderful and hopefully, I'll be able to check it out one of these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,909 times
K9 I'll keep ya posted man... Im pretty well insulated We also only give up on average 10-20 deg's in the winter compared to this part of So Cal, but the summers REALLY pay off.. I called my wife from our property recently it was 87 deg's there, and in Cali it was 114 with humidity, and had been for days.. Im more than willing to trade the winter for the summer..
There were a few warm days in NID this year but nothing like the stuff we get here.. Its just stifling hot here in the summer months and I operate better in cooler weather. Not to mention cleaner air.. The thing I hate the most is getting back from Id and feeling the stinging in my eyes from the smog for the first time again...

Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
I lived in Burbank and the heat there was nothing compared to Texas. We didn't even have A/C living there because when it was hot, it didn't last long. Gosh, had I only stayed in CA and then moved when my house could be sold for a bunch of cash. Unfortunately, housing in Texas is quite inexpensive and I'm by no means rich. Therefore, I won't be able to afford acreage even though I'd love it. I don't want to live in a town, but some place outside of a small town...like I do where I am. By the way, I'm a single gal.

I'm tending to agree with giving up the long and hot summers here for a bit of winter. I don't function well in hot weather at all. Feeling like a wet and limp dish rag is not my idea of living. I do very well in colder weather. I've just never lived in snow country before, but I think it would be so delightful.

I remember that smog stinging my eyes. That's one reason why we moved to Texas (to get away from the smog) and because my sister, after marrying a Texan in CA, ended up moving out here. It was way too many years ago and although a mistake (I feel), I'm here and now I must decide if this is where I want to stay after retirement. I truly doubt it. Who knows? Maybe I can even leave before then providing I find a job. Time will tell.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,828 times
im trying to relocate from idaho falls to lemhi county. iam currenty in law enforcement and hope to do the same there. my wife and kids also love the small town living. we are fairly conservative and dont do the drinking or partying thing. we love to ranch and ride horses. we all love the outdoors and camping and fishing. i also mhave a special needs daughter that needs alot of medical attention. she has cerebal palsy from an infant. there are alot of concerns for me. can anyone let me know what the risks are moving there. also tel me what salmon hjas to offer us as a family especially for my wife and kids. just a heads up is what i am looking for . thank you very much for your time NJT...

Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM

464 posts, read 1,111,406 times
I have a buddy who I think grew up in and around Salmon, ID. He currently lives in Alaska. I sent him this link and asked him to respond. I hope he will, though I think he is out of town for a few more days. I know he owns property up there, but I think he also said he grew up there...could be wrong.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
I am thinking about moving to Salmon. What is the average cost of rentals? ... a 2 or 3 bedroom apt or house? Are there very many places available?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,488 times
There are a few apt. complexes in town average rental is between 375-550, a little higher for houses. There is always something to rent, but as you get closer to summer they are quite impossible to find until the end of the season. I would make sure you have a job before moving there, those are pretty hard to find in Salmon any time of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho