Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
sav

62 posts, read 303,170 times

Advertisements

I can really only thank you, MSR, for all of the advice and feedback you gave me when we were considering our move. I got a lot of negative feedback from people when we were making our decision, top comments:
-It is so cold and windy there!
-It is so conservative!
-It is so Mormon!

Glad I listened to my instincts and not the naysayers.

You do a great service on this message board. I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. You know where to find me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Cool Wow, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav View Post
I can really only thank you, MSR, for all of the advice and feedback you gave me when we were considering our move. I got a lot of negative feedback from people when we were making our decision, top comments:
-It is so cold and windy there!
-It is so conservative!
-It is so Mormon!

Glad I listened to my instincts and not the naysayers.

You do a great service on this message board. I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. You know where to find me!
SAV,

Thanks for your kind words. I needed them today.

I don't know if others have experienced the same connection with someone posting here as I did with you. Somewhere deep inside of me, I felt this was a right move for you and you weren't getting additional information you needed. Glad I could help.

Of course, it was your decision. Now, many people in eastern ID benefit from your decision.

I, too, am sure our paths will cross at some point. But, for now, keep posting.

MSR

Old 11-28-2008, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,491 times
Idaho loaded with white extremist christian's and apathetic Mormons, it a beautiful State but the narrow mind conservative people are the weakness to a wonderful part of the country. The horrible education system is a disgrace so if you want your children educated don't expect it here.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83701 View Post
Idaho loaded with white extremist christian's and apathetic Mormons, it a beautiful State but the narrow mind conservative people are the weakness to a wonderful part of the country. The horrible education system is a disgrace so if you want your children educated don't expect it here.
I have to take you to task, 83701. There are many extremists and apathetics in every state. It is not logical to single out Idaho. And, furthermore, the education system is horrible and a disgrace in this entire country, not just in Idaho.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 11-28-2008, 02:56 PM

438 posts, read 269,502 times
Bob (pimit2) is absolutely right, 83701, that your statements are illogical and so broad as to be meaningless. Please provide some statistics to back up your assertions. Can you show that Idaho students score lower on standard tests than the rest of the country? Are they less employable? Give us some proof. Otherwise you are just ranting, and deserve to be ignored.

Furthermore, white extremists (and any other flavor of extremist) are not necessarily Christians if you judge by their words and/or actions. And people who receive door-to-door visits from Mormons would argue that they are not at all apathetic. Again, please provide proof to back up your statements.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:10 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Post I Agree

I agree with the previous two posts. Let's see the data as it does exist.

Even post the data of what schools in Idaho are Blue Ribbon, Magnet Schools, or have the most students with perfect college entrance exam scores.

I agree education isn't what it use to be. However, I sift through the data to determine where it may be better for what matters to me.

Additionally, I think many who have posted in the Idaho section have asked about different education options.

Looking forward to the hard data. 83701.

MSR

Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,313 times
Quote:
<EDITED> I was too mean spirited in my first paragraph. I apologize.

In fact, this isn't even my real nick name. I was banned from City-Data several weeks ago by another moderator because they held different political views that I did. And all I was doing was questioning the Constitutional validity of the California Supreme Court overruling the votes of its citizens....but I guess that is what enlightened minds like yours do to us ignorant folk. Sometimes you enlightened ones must step in and correct us ignoramus' when we don't follow you like sheep you think us to be. sigh, so glad I am leaving this God forsaken place!

sigh...now my mood is soured.

PS The reasoning for the banning was because I referred to someone being "like a nazi"...but they had been calling people like me bigots and racists. I guess I did cross the line. lol I won't go to the California part of city-data's forums anymore. Partly because I no longer consider myself to be a Californian....I don't know what I am, but I am not that!

PPS oh, and I'd rather have my daughter raised around "extremist christians and apathetic mormons" than the defective minds coming out of California schools en mass droves. But hey, that's the freedom of choice in America isn't it?

Old 11-28-2008, 04:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
Quote:
What a joke.. We have more "white extremist's" here in So Cal than just about anywhere. They had a bad rash of Nazi types taking thier anger out after the election right near here. The Aryan Brotherhood was founded right here in So Cal and yet all I hear about is N. Idaho is full of Skinheads, and "White Extremist'" Whatever...

Also as for getting an education, dont look for it in an "Enlightened" place like California.. We had to home school my son on independant studies to get him through school with any sort of an education. All these schools want to do is ENDOCTRINATE not EDUCATE!!
We got him through HS with a 4.0 gpa, and while doing that took 2 years of college classes. NO THANKS to Californnia public screwels.. If he had gone to public school it would have been a MUCH different outcome.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:15 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
What a joke.. We have more "white extremist's" here in So Cal than just about anywhere. They had a bad rash of Nazi types taking thier anger out after the election right near here. The Aryan Brotherhood was founded right here in So Cal and yet all I hear about is N. Idaho is full of Skinheads, and "White Extremist'" Whatever...

Also as for getting an education, dont look for it in an "Enlightened" place like California.. We had to home school my son on independant studies to get him through school with any sort of an education. All these schools want to do is ENDOCTRINATE not EDUCATE!!
We got him through HS with a 4.0 gpa, and while doing that took 2 years of college classes. NO THANKS to Californnia public screwels.. If he had gone to public school it would have been a MUCH different outcome.
I can't give you any more props....kudos! California schools are ruining my daughter...Idaho or bust before she starts 4th grade next year!

Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
Quote:
I'll bet money you are a disgruntled Idahoan working with negative propaganda. Nice try but your are outnumbered, as well as dead wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho