Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:29 PM

15 posts, read 58,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
John and Ken right? They do that fairly often, and have people call in and tell why they are leaving and where they are going. Cali has alot of upset people wanting to get out thats for sure.

I wouldnt worry about it too much DR, most Californians think Idaho is full of Nazi's, KKK, crazed Mormons, and snows 10 months a year.. The ones that know better are the ones smart enough to be there or on thier way already..

BTW Im with you!! I say we throw up a wall around the whole state once we get there..LOL.. To be honest, I think we may be doing more by posting here on CDF than that show will do. Might be time to start shutting our pie holes, or spread some new Urban Legends about Idaho..... Hey I heard Black water is moving there to build a private army and take over the US...LOL
Trace,

Your sense of humor kills me . It's nice to chat with like-minded individuals. Truely a bright spot in my day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRobnett View Post
Trace,

Your sense of humor kills me . It's nice to chat with like-minded individuals. Truely a bright spot in my day.
Trace is a bright spot in most everyone's days

Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,925 times
Awwww shucks,... Im glad to hear that since this place and YOU ALL are a bright spot in my day too. It makes me feel connected, and gives me hope for the future to correspond here. Honestly, I would be a real mess if I was sitting here today trying to figure out where to go to escape and had nothing in place already.. Its been a long road, and Im not there yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..
Once Im there, whats say we blow that tunnel?...Ha!!!

Thanks D-Rob and CM...

Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,660,903 times
Yes, indeed. Everyone who moves to Idaho should be able to close the door, lock it, and if need be, build a moat. Think about it, if EVERYONE does this we will keep EVERYONE out. Seems logical to me, but I may have been dropped as a baby a lot.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Naw, no need for a moat

Old 01-17-2009, 10:56 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
I don't know about the need for a moat, but maybe some residency requirements for anyone moving in. My thoughts:

1) Minimum of 5 guns per household, at least one an "evil black rifle".
2) 4x4 Pickup truck (gunrack optional but highly suggested). A jeep or rock crawler will do.
3) An atv, snowmobile and/or dirt bike for every adult member of the family. A boat will substitute, but requires taking existing residents out on the water. Once you have to make a living here you can't afford to buy one.
4) A "Tree Huggers Suck" bumper sticker. A Ron Paul one will do as well.
5) A minimum of 3 pairs of hiking/hunting/work boots per person. Having more "dress" shoes than boots is an automatic disqualification.
6) Camo is an essential part of the wardrobe.

Anything I'm missing?

***edited to add***
I forgot, carry knife, belt or folder, minimum 3" blade. Trace, do you offer discounts to Idaho residents? (hint)

Old 01-17-2009, 11:30 AM

993 posts, read 3,252,040 times
Toyman great idea.
Lets add a few more to that list.

Must have at all times a Big oLe wad of Redman, Cigars, or other tastey tobacco treats or on their person or within reach.

A set of Real snow tires and extra rims available for the family Truckster.

A handheld GPS unit and the ability to learn how to use it. ( That means I don't know how yet ).

At least 2 dogs or Horses or other farm type critters for the Ranch.

A high lift jack.

Any others ?????

Old 01-17-2009, 12:12 PM

679 posts, read 811,827 times
Default Add to the list....

a copy of the US constitution. We actually read it here. Get your free copy at Ask Heritage (Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh) - The Heritage Foundation

Old 01-17-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Toyman great idea.
Lets add a few more to that list.

Must have at all times a Big oLe wad of Redman, Cigars, or other tastey tobacco treats or on their person or within reach.

A set of Real snow tires and extra rims available for the family Truckster.

A handheld GPS unit and the ability to learn how to use it. ( That means I don't know how yet ).

At least 2 dogs or Horses or other farm type critters for the Ranch.

A high lift jack.

Any others ?????
Fishing poles, bait, ice chest full of favorite beverage(s) and dogs with teeth to chase away door-to-door salesman! Okay, the last part was because I was interrupted as I was typing this I have to two dogs that were promising to rearrange this guy's anatomy and he's trying to sell me a security system?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't know about the need for a moat, but maybe some residency requirements for anyone moving in. My thoughts:

1) Minimum of 5 guns per household, at least one an "evil black rifle".
2) 4x4 Pickup truck (gunrack optional but highly suggested). A jeep or rock crawler will do.
3) An atv, snowmobile and/or dirt bike for every adult member of the family. A boat will substitute, but requires taking existing residents out on the water. Once you have to make a living here you can't afford to buy one.
4) A "Tree Huggers Suck" bumper sticker. A Ron Paul one will do as well.
5) A minimum of 3 pairs of hiking/hunting/work boots per person. Having more "dress" shoes than boots is an automatic disqualification.
6) Camo is an essential part of the wardrobe.

Anything I'm missing?

***edited to add***
I forgot, carry knife, belt or folder, minimum 3" blade. Trace, do you offer discounts to Idaho residents? (hint)

Nice!! I got all that, cept the tree hugger sticker.. I want something along the lines of "Live free or die a slave"... Thats sort of a catch all..
All the suggestions are great so far but I would add..
NO kids that look like they fell face first into a tackle box.. NO PIERCINGS ON THE BODY unless your a girl and its in your ears..LOL..
I would also add a good acoustic guitar for playing tunes around a camp fire.. Membership in the NRA(lifetime preferred), and a self reliant attitude and lifestyle that means you can feed your family even in the hardest of times. Since we are making up rules, I say there should be an outright ban on channels like MTV and the like too..Ha!!

BTW, sure thing Toyman. Idahoans get the same deal as Mil. and Law enforcment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho