Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 04:00 AM

6 posts, read 15,625 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving to Moscow, ID or surrounding area. Are there any existent Craftsman homes anywhere in NW Idaho? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 AM

61 posts, read 301,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccully View Post
I am thinking of moving to Moscow, ID or surrounding area. Are there any existent Craftsman homes anywhere in NW Idaho? Thanks.
We are looking for the same thing, but I haven't seen any. We will be in Coeur d'Alene in a week to look around with a realtor, and I'll ask about Moscow houses for you. I'll let you know what I find out, okay?

Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM

22 posts, read 80,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccully View Post

Yes, and they're all "solid as Sears"!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPEN1USA View Post
Yes, and they're all "solid as Sears"!
Pretty clever!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
Yes, I'll guess there are some Sears homes near the Moscow city park. They were pretty popular with the professor crowd, and frequently found nearby campuses.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:27 PM

121 posts, read 737,778 times
You probably won't find much in the way of craftsmen houses in Idaho since there are so few craftsmen in Idaho! Now if you want a cheaply built piece of trash for an exorbitant price there is a lot to pick from!

Before buying or having a home built in Idaho PLEASE check the contractor and building laws first. THEN decide if you want to risk it. There are a lot of home buyers here with a lot of regrets, especially those moving from California where there are actual laws protecting the consumer. We have none of that here. Consider yourself warned.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM

Just got back, and I can tell you there are LOTS of crftsman-type homes out there. However, many are in the downtown area, which isn't a great neighborhood...for now. I can totally see the downtown area booming in about 5 years, and those little, old homes will become transformed into little gems.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,209,711 times
kukla,
How was CDA? Did Peggy Sawicki help you out? What do you think of the area?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
kukla,
How was CDA? Did Peggy Sawicki help you out? What do you think of the area?
Actually, her husband Mike drove us around...not especially helpful, I'm sory to say. He took us to see new construction...after we told him we were not at all interested in it. We told him we were actually interested in two adjacent properties, one for us, and one for my parents...he showed us nothing of the sort. He didn't ask our price range; I think when he found out we were teachers he figured that we couldn't afford much. And he also assumed that my parents were low income, when they could afford a place right on the lake. I'm not sure why Peggy passed us on to her husband. But you know, everything happens for a reason.

The area was really lovely, though. However, it was hard to get a real read on the place. It rained one day, was clear but cold the next, then snowed the 3rd day! Again, everything happens for a reason. I think we'll maybe take a trip through Moscow/Lewiston this summer.

Thanks for taking the time to find us an agent. That was so kind of you!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,209,711 times
Ohh I am so sorry. Peggy is the one you want. I know she is teaming up with her husband and I believe son in law. Did you call her before you went? Maybe he just wanted to show you around. Typically agents won't drive you around until you are preapproved so they know what to show you. Honestly it is a waste of your time and the agents if they do not know what you are qualified for. If you told them that you weren't coming for another year they might have been thinking that things could change in a year and maybe that's why he didn't ask what price range. He probably was just showing you around so you could get a feel for the area. If you're looking for something specific they need time to pull up the info, so I don't know how much time you gave them before you told them you were coming. I'm so sorry they didn't do better for you. I would insist on Peggy next time you talk to them, she is really the gal you want. I know she is very busy so the more notice you can give her the better. I believe she is also teaching so she has her hands full. The area is really pretty up there, I love to visit, but we don't get there too often as it is an 8 hour drive! Let me know if I can help you out with anything else over here, sure wish you were looking in our area, I'd take you out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho