Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:45 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
That is wonderful that she is taking dancing lessons. It teaches her confidence and assurance, besides being lots of fun.

Hispanics are a fun, happy culture, and they love to dance. And their dances can be very suggestive, that could be a little awkward for some people that do not understand the culture.

The second video is that of a Vedette, which is pretty much an acceptable-standard of dressing, when they are performing.
The more prevalent latin ballroom style out here is more in line with the Utah-led group versus the NY group, so competitive ballroom tends to be quite a bit more sedate. I will grant you that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
The more prevalent latin ballroom style out here is more in line with the Utah-led group versus the NY group, so competitive ballroom tends to be quite a bit more sedate. I will grant you
that.
And that is quite alright. Mentioning Utah, we did a sort of Lewis and Clark type of vacation starting in Seattle, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Oregon, and Colorado. When we vacation, we do it for at least 7 weeks' at a time, and we go north, south, east and west, of each state, to make sure we cover the good and the bad.

We also did the state parks and mountains, and would love to do it again. Everyone one of those states is beautiful.......the people remarkable. We visited visited Couer D'Alane, Sandpoint, and Spokane, and had the best hamburger in Spokane. Cannot wait to return......and do all those states all over again.........

Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Sorry if I was unclear. I was a cop in LA County, so having racist insults hurled at me daily just came with the territory...I wasn't singled out in my personal life for racist attacks or anything, although I dealt with quite a bit of anti-white "la raza" style racism in the Inland Empire the past few years before leaving for Idaho.

You don't need to worry about anyone up here hearing your accent. The first part of your statement "well educated, dress appropriately" is what would make you generally fit in up here (at least in my social circles) quite well. The fact that you have European/Spanish heritage with an accent is just an additional facet of what makes you unique.
You were not the detective on the OJ Simpson case, by any chance? He did move to Sandpoint, and still lives there.

By the way, how about you learning to do some savory Salsa, Cha, Cha, Cha, and leaving out the newest one "Reggaeton," that one is a little too unsavory, even for me.

The first video listed here is Reggaeton, but is mild compared to the later rendition of it.........it made me perplexed.......and wondering how far it will go.....before it is BANNED!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,572 times
One Mexican restaurant, then another, then another. Before you know it , the kids of these hard working 40's and 50's parents will start forming gangs. Look what's happened to L.A., Arizona, Texas, California, Nevada and so on. The parents do not have control
of their kids. Go to Boise and open your restaurant. There are plenty who think like I do. Why do you think there's absolutely almost no crime in Coure D' Alene? 96% white?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksmith1 View Post
One Mexican restaurant, then another, then another. Before you know it , the kids of these hard working 40's and 50's parents will start forming gangs. Look what's happened to L.A., Arizona, Texas, California, Nevada and so on. The parents do not have control
of their kids. Go to Boise and open your restaurant. There are plenty who think like I do. Why do you think there's absolutely almost no crime in Coure D' Alene? 96% white?
May God have mercy on your soul! Your racism is blatanly showing! I am not of Mexican heritage, but know a lot about their culture, having visited Mexico many, many times. If they are treated with respect, kindness, and made feel welcomed, they will not form gangs. The only reason any minority group form gangs, is to protect themselves from hate, and crime toward themselves.

Mexicans are extremely-hard-working people, and humble. And they only want the best for their children, like we all do. Give them a chance to the American dream, and they will repay you kindly.

I think your enemy might be the drug trade in Seattle, Washington, moving East......which most of the traffickers are White. With the California influence, Crystal Meth and Heroin will eventually devastate the Northwest.............

Old 10-02-2011, 12:05 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locksmith1 View Post
I was going to delete this blatantly racist post, but it's something we can learn from (this sort of ignorance of crime/race statistics).

Two mexican places in Sandpoint. One is a huge patron and supporter of all our athletic programs and charities, the other has kids involved with local sports and they're awesome kids.

Coeur d'Alene, interestingly enough, has a VERY high violent crime rate for Idaho (BTW...it's white on white). But it's confined to an awful lot of bar fights and white trash fighting each other. This is why stats can be misleading...although as a city, you gotta own the total stats...good and bad...and these are the FBI UCR report numbers.

Violent crime (murder, forcible robbery, rape, felony assault) per 100,000 population is 644 in CDA. YIKES.

For comparison, Boise is 258 (similar to Brentwood, CA), Post Falls is 210 (similar to Mission Viejo, CA), Sandpoint is 164 (similar to Palo Alto, CA), and Moscow is 100 (similar to San Clemente, CA). Caldwell, which gets a bad rap for "scary hispanic gangs", is only 376 (42%), similar to Laguna Beach, CA. Nampa at 326 is even lower.

Coeur d'Alene, with several mexican restaurants (and thus "scary mexican teenagers"), is in no risk of turning into the next Compton (1559) or Albuquerque (767), but is already higher than City of Los Angeles (629), Phoenix (541), Mesa (420), Tucson (641), or El Paso (463).

Again, this is where stats can skew what's really going on. If you avoid seedy bars and a couple scrungier parts of CDA late at night on weekends, you're VERY unlikely to experience any violent crime in Coeur d'Alene.

It's also interesting to note that unincorporated Kootenai County (all around CDA) has a violent crime rate of just 125, which is pretty awesome. That puts it about on par with rich yuppie areas like Redmond, WA. Bonner County (Sandpoint area) rate is just 20...for comparison.

Touting the benefits of "life in white-a-ho" just makes you look like a complete bigot. Any further racist posts from you will be deleted.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,395 times
How are residents from Couer D'Alene for other immigrants (Canadian) ?
I see religion as primarily Christian. What about Temples/Moques. Looks like someone would have to drive to Washington (Spokane) for that.
I'm thinking about moving up there from SoCal (Santa Clarita) to get out of the rat race, and back closer to Canada.

Last edited by idahocanuck; 12-19-2011 at 04:13 PM..

Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
We make fun of Canadians eh...
My family was a bunch of canucks years ago decending into Maine from Quebec. At least on this side of the country they sprekenszeeenglish. I left the SCV for exactly the same reason as you.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
idahocanuck...oh, I don't know, I love two rock bands from Canada.

1) The Guess Who (from Winnipeg, Manitoba)
2) The Tragically Hip (from Kingston, Ontario)

And I am a resident from Kellogg, Idaho. I am one who welcomes everyone here, especially if they can be laid back (hey, I was born in Seattle and raised in Edmonds, Washington) and treat everyone else like they would like to be treated. The principles found in the Bible do not grow too old to apply anymore, in fact, they never age or get old. They always apply.

I would think Coeur d' Alene, Kellogg, Sandpoint or Bonner's Ferry, all of them, include Rathdrum and Athol, keep coming up with northern Idaho cities, all of them would welcome you here. I hear old-time stories that Montana and Washington state didn't want this northern chunk of Idaho back in the 1800's when they were drawing up state borders. I've heard it from old-timers in the Silver Valley here and I have also read it in literature, I'm thinking it's probably true.

Why not want this part of Idaho in your state? Rowdy, unruly miners that seemed to scare enough certain people...some with influence. Had to chuckle at that because I'm now living in that portion of Idaho!
And I'm not in the mining industry but if this health care gig doesn't start picking up soon, I am starting to consider going into mining. They are hiring, still, I am told.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Hey Elko, the story is the other way around, the way I've heard it: Idaho was supposed to have included Western Montana all the way to Glacier (look at the map! Draw a line from Salmon straight north) but the surveyors mistook one mountain range for another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho