Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times

Advertisements

Haha, my wife is unbelievably organized. Every box has a number on all four sides and every item in the box is on the computer. My boxes have a letter in front of the number.
We started looking at moving costs and decided we could buy the trailer and move ourselves for less and have a trailer when done. I wanted white, but the $$$ savings trumped the color. I need something to haul my eventual toys like ATV and sled anyhow. Even if I don't keep it I could probably sell it for close to what I paid for it. We were already planning several trips up there anyway before becoming full-time residents over the rest of the year. Plus, it makes you very selective on what to move and what to get rid of when you have to haul it all. We'll see how this first trip goes at the beginning of may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Well congrats!!! I'm happy for you guys.

Now about that organized wife, does she hire out? See, I'm a wife and far from organized

Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 41,975 times
good luck with your water systme i here housers terrible for their water problems new man lakes alot nicer just acrosst the border in washington of course anything in washingtons nicer than idaho hahahaha idahos a dive youll be regretting it why would anyone want to live in hauser idaho >I knew one claifornia guy who turned buying a buetiful home i had on a city acre in post falls to buy in hauser and i seen em a few times since and he plain hates it up there and regretts but hey all to his own huh? my finer points about idaho it gets too many cold dreary months and the economies non existant hopefully you have ahugh bank account and alot of long johns and long sleeve shirts hahahah as the old dsaying goes theres asucker born every minute hahahahathey jacked this area up so big i even fell for it only to say omg what the hell did i do i left aparadize dfor a dive hahaha good luck to you man

Old 04-17-2009, 01:49 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,909 times
At least you can get dish detergent that works!.lol.. Nice spailing..

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM

14 posts, read 41,975 times
what do you expect im from idaho lol

Old 05-12-2009, 04:16 PM

Made the trip (1st) in two marathon days. Roads were pretty clear other than the snow storm. Not much traffic once out of CA.

Heading up the 5:

Heading down the "Grapevine": This is pretty much the view for the next umpty-ump hours.

Turned on the 97 at Weed, CA and made it to Klamath Falls, OR on the first day. Started out the next morning and hit this:

Later that day on the 97:

Along the 84 for a while:

On the 90 approaching Spokane:

Flowers to greet us as we entered the driveway:

On the way back we had a wonderful view of Shasta:

Old 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,843 times
Pictures were great.. Your killing me....

I can't wait to see that FRESNO off ramp on the 99 north bound in my rear view mirrow for the last time.

Some day soon I hope to be pulling my trailer out of Central Calif for the last time.

I am buying real Single Malt for that first night in our new home in Idaho

Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Two days ! I'm getting white line fever just thinking about it. Was wondering how you guys were doing! Thanks for great pics! Welcome back to glorious spring weather, bougainvilleas, water rationing, and a fresh fire season...

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Pictures were great.. Your killing me....

I can't wait to see that FRESNO off ramp on the 99 north bound in my rear view mirrow for the last time.

Some day soon I hope to be pulling my trailer out of Central Calif for the last time.

I am buying real Single Malt for that first night in our new home in Idaho
Now not TOO much DR.. You dont wanna spend your first day in Idaho with a hangover..

Clark Fork... Aint it grand? As dry as it is we are looking to have a heck of a fire season.. We didnt even get a green period this year it seems like.. Dry weeds for days around here..

Great Pics!!! Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Yes, I got home in CA and the bougainvillea went nuts in that week we were gone. The trip up was not bad as we were running on adrenaline to get to the new digs. The way back not so great. I swear you can tell as soon as you cross the CA border the roads are terrible and it was like 95 friggin degrees in the San Joaquin valley and smelled of 10,000 cows. THEN we get to Gorman and there is a Sigalert clear down to Castaic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho