Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,536 times

Advertisements

I thought the 95 was totally in Idaho??? Last time I took the 97 through Oregon and there were only a few cars on it.

Here is the house in winter:

and the backyard in spring:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Elousv, I hope you don't have that much snow (unplowed) in the driveway when you pull in later this year. The Vette might not like that!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Good grief, that car has trouble clearing a popsicle stick!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
I also hope your road is paved! I have a few miles of gravel, I've resigned myself to never owning a Vette again.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Hey, I have Internet access for a few minutes, so of course I had to pay a visit to CDF--and what do I see? Elousv's house sold!!! Woohoo! Congratulations!!! Have a great trip up north, and look in the rear view mirror from time to time, and wave bye-bye! I'll bet you'll be grinning from ear to ear!
I'd spend the night in Riggins on the way up if I were you, at one of the riverside hotels. Such a cool little town.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:37 PM

170 posts, read 463,152 times
Love the Vette!! Drive safe...And as said before do not speed in OR as they seem to hunt for Californians! The cop who ticketed me, also tried to nail me for not being listed on the car rental paperwork --said it was against the law for me to be driving. I'd had the wherewithal to put the rental number in my cell phone before we left CA, so I called right then and there and put it on speakerphone. Nee Ner nee ner!
Again congratulations on your move!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
OH it is 92 degrees here and I would LOVE to go roll in that snow!!! House is great!! Yard is so pretty and green. Wonderful fence.

Well heck how many are there of you coming this way soon. You could stay the night here if you can make it that far and you stick on 95. We only have a guest room with one double bed. And we do have dogs and cats if you are allergic this is not a house to be in. We are only 5 houses off the highway so no big detour.

Chris

Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM

If I was allergic then these guys would have put me in the hospital long ago:

Well Chris comes along and once again shows the unreal friendliness I have been shown by virtually every person I have met from up there. I know there are good people everywhere, but maybe a whole big bunch of them have congregated in Idaho. You grow a shell down here and maybe you don't even realize it until you are out of the element. The first few times and even still now I am ready for a negative altercation when approached by someone or ready for a fight to do the simplest of transactions. I expect ulterior motives where there are none. My new neighbor who met me a day before volunteers to cut my grass and an unknown virtual person offers their house. I can't handle it.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
AW they are precious!!! They match our rug. Hehehehe We have a couple too.

We know how it is to take the long trips moving. We certainly have done it enough times.

Yah Idaho is a great place. We love it. Chris

Old 07-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Well, we made it! Drove the speed limit of course, but still managed to get stopped in Nevada. officer said I was doing 40 in a 30 before reaching the 40MPH sign. How he knew this I do not know but in this case it does you no good to argue. I put on my nice face and got off with a warning. Just be VERY careful in Hawthorne.
So this trip we ripped out all the old flooring

and piled it in the shop till I found someone to haul it away

Installed hand-scraped pecan laminate throughout

also had a fence guy make a dog area for the pups

Took a pic of the front and back after a fresh mow

One day we went for a nice boat ride around Hayden. This is one of many mansions around the lake

These guys were pretty much a daily thing

Did not want to leave, but the plan continues to unfold...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho