Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you could tell me if there is a place near COUER D'ALENE, outside of Couer D' Alene that has a small town feel, a main street with small local shops (with your immediate needs) within short distance from where everyone lives.
And maybe 1 to 2 hours from a large city or place where one could do major shopping, and major medical facilities. The reason I am saying outside of COUER D' ALENE is because I am looking for an inexpensive house on 1 to 2 acres, where I could have a garden, and maybe a goat, sheep, a couple of chickens. I have heard that COUER D' ALENE is quaint and charming, if it were less expensive I would move there.
Ideally I wish I could have 4 distinct seasons, and yes I like snow and colder temperatures, low humidity. I love mountains and or rolling hills, pine trees!And possibly NO MAJOR catastrophes, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, volcanos, ha ha ha! An area with GOOD quality water. Ideally no cancer causing agents around, etc. Am I asking for too much! I am sorry!
If any of you know of something at least close to this, please let me know, so I can continue my research, I am on a time constraint..
Thank you all for your input, advice, suggestions! This a great friendly site! And I am looking forward to reading your responses!
Thank you so much!
COUNTRYLV22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 PM

So, I guess by the fact that there is NO reply to this question, this DOES NOT EXIST!?.....
I was just hoping if maybe there was something a little close to what I am dreaming about, someone would have some ideas.....
Thanks so much!
COUNTRYLV22

Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM

155 posts, read 821,666 times
I will be watching to see if you get a response - for I am in search also
leaving this smog ridden sity of Phoenix of workaholics - who do not and can not enjoy this beautiful land, air that was given to us freely
a garden - oh to have a garden again - we are heading up to Idaho Falls, Coeur d'alene and Billings this summer to explore - they say the air quality is much better according to the air quality info on the web.
Good Luck - see you there...

Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Hello DEEM:

Thanks for your reply!
I got so happy when someone finally replied! HA HA HA!
I hope that we will hear from someone SOON! Please keep me posted on what you find out, trip and all! I will do the same! I might not be able to afford a trip beforehand, so that is why I am trying to find out as much as possible before my big move! The pictures from IDAHO are all amazing! I just wish I would have thought of this years ago! I hope that we are not too late...
Anyway, GOOD LUCK TO YOU and your family as well!
Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
I hope you don't think we're blowing you off....I just have nothing to offer on this one, sorry....

But wherever you find it, with such incredible combo of criteria....keep it to yourself....sounds like paradise!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Hey, have you thought of the town Leavenworth Washington? I know you said Idaho but Leavenworth is a really cute town. It has a wonderful Christmas season where everything is all decked out. Yes the tourist do come but maybe it's what you're looking for? Google it and see what you think. It is very small town and has a neat atmosphere to it. It's about 2 hours away from Seattle. Go to www.leavenworth.org. Let me know what you think!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 PM

40 posts, read 157,801 times
Na how about Rathdrum! It has 3 major road ways(highway 95, highway 53 and highway 41) Very small town feeling. It is nesteled right under a larger mountain and is right in the snow belt. Its still pretty small from the big boom we just had here and prices are decent. Acerage is not a problem from what I have seen. Its about 25-35 minutes from Spokane and about 15 minutes to CdA and Post Falls. Check it out

Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 AM

218 posts, read 1,487,104 times
Thumbs up Within an hour of CD'A - yes! easy! awesome!

Go east on I-90 about an hour and you are in the "Silver Valley" area of Idaho; the towns of Kingston & Pinehurst & Osburn & Elizabeth Park & Silverton & others are spread out about every 2-5 miles for about a 30 mile stretch of I-90. Rural, mining area. All small towns, near regular businesses to fulfill most needs. Schools are struggling, since the NCLB mandates have become reality.
Check it out on-line, and go visit for yourself: http://www.silvervalleychamber.com

Also, the "chain lakes area" St. Maries, Kilarney, etc just off I-90 is beautiful. Rural, lumbering area.
Check it out at: http://www.stmarieschamber.org

Good luck in your relocation search.

removed

Last edited by Marka; 04-13-2007 at 03:09 AM..

Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM

155 posts, read 821,666 times
thank you all so much for the information - will keep you posted "countrylv22"
go to sperlings best places also they have great info on places

Old 03-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Smile To Sage Of Sagle

HELLO SAGE OF SAGLE!

Thank you kindly for your reply!
I know, it does sound like PARADISE, but I can try to get as close as possible, right? Or at least dream about it while trying!! HA HA HA! You never know!
I was a bit sad & surprised that so many people read the thread with no reply...I always noticed that the people in IDAHO are so nice & helpful, so I figured that I was asking for too much
Anyway, you never know if someone hears of a new town and might post it here. I will always be hopeful & thankful for any help & or information given!
Oh, by the way, thanks for the SOCRATES quote, its funny, its amazing that somethings never change!! HA HA HA!
Thanks so much!
COUNTRYLV22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho