Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in western NY, outside of Buffalo, and moved to Idaho when my early 30's. I call myself an Idaho native with a birth defect. The ONLY thing I miss from back east is the food. Does anyone have any idea where to get a good batch of Buffalo-style wings around the Sandpoint/CDA area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Former east coaster here too. I miss the food...especially real (New York style) pizza!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM

23 posts, read 58,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I was born and raised in western NY, outside of Buffalo, and moved to Idaho when my early 30's. I call myself an Idaho native with a birth defect. The ONLY thing I miss from back east is the food. Does anyone have any idea where to get a good batch of Buffalo-style wings around the Sandpoint/CDA area?

didn't know buffalo could fly.....at least the buffalo that I knew about in Montana couldn't fly.....must be global warming or a No. Idaho mutant.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
The best chicken wings are at Hooters!! Yeah, uh its the chicken wings..

Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo41 View Post
didn't know buffalo could fly.....at least the buffalo that I knew about in Montana couldn't fly.....must be global warming or a No. Idaho mutant.

It has something to with all the chemicals back in Buffalo

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
The best chicken wings are at Hooters!! Yeah, uh its the chicken wings..
That's what I tell the wife...but actually the Hooters wings are pretty lame. But the service rocks! The best I've come across is at Chillis...looking to do better.

Misty, where in the east did you escape from? I also miss local family pizza places, a good hogie sandwich and the Friday night fish fry. Small price to pay to live here. Just a thought, but someone with some authentic recipies could make a killing with a little resturant around here.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:18 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's what I tell the wife...but actually the Hooters wings are pretty lame. But the service rocks! The best I've come across is at Chillis...looking to do better.

Misty, where in the east did you escape from? I also miss local family pizza places, a good hogie sandwich and the Friday night fish fry. Small price to pay to live here. Just a thought, but someone with some authentic recipies could make a killing with a little resturant around here.
Born and partially raised in NE Pennsylvania, and moved around as a corporate brat to NJ, GA, OH and MA. Met my husband and got married in Boston. We lived in IN and AZ, then made it here to Idaho.

Hoagies...yum! It just kills me that with all of the Italian heritage here in Priest River, no one local has opened a really, really good Italian restaurant. I asked one of them once and they said, "We eat that all teh time at home, why would we want to eat it when we go out?"

Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Misty, that would really make my year if someone opened a good little Italian place in PR! It would really compliment that wine bar you were posting about, I need to get over there sometime. Sandpoint has 2nd Ave Pizza which is very good, but I think about all they do is pizza. For this country boy the other couple places that are there are overpriced...or at least out of my regular budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: