Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,712 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband has an opportunity to transfer to Coeur d'Alene. I have never been there and know nothing about the area. I did a little research, but I'm getting mixed answers to my questions. Could someone please tell me how the winters are? Do you get a lot of snow? I've read that Coeur d'Alene gets about 50" of snow a year. Is that accurate?

How are the school systems?

Would you recomend living in Coeur d'Alene or a suburb?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,077 times
Hello andavj,

There is a lot of pro and con information on Coeur d'Alene (CDA) to be found in the archives of this forum. I'm betting the search will provide the answers you need.

Click on "Search" on the blue tool bar above, and type in "Coeur d'Alene" in the "Search Forums" window.

If you still have unanswered questions, we're here to answer them for you.

Hope that helps, andavj.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
I read somewhere that you can expect anything from 30 inches to 80 inches of snow and maybe 25 inches of rain. I think Coeur D' Alene can get well over 100 inches of snow on the peak years.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 8,712 times
Pimit2: Thanks for the information. I'll search the archives and see what's there.

Rickers: I live in the Northeast so I'm no stranger to snow. I was just hoping it would less than we get here.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
You may want to think about my neck of the woods. Google "The Old North Trail". We are in a corridor running north to south just off the Rocky Mountain Front, that has chinook winds that warm up after crossing over the divide. Air heats up when compressed and the down sloping winds puts the air under compression and causes the chinook winds to melt off the snow and ice. That opened up a travel route that the earliest people who crossed the land bridge where the Bearing Straits is now, to find an easy way to migrate south and populate the new world. Those same conditions make the area a pleasant wintering home despite the wind and cold snaps, and being in a rain shadow reduces the snowfall totals. I prefer to spend the summertime in the mountains and the winter just off the Rocky Mountain Front in Mayberry Montana.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho